Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minecraft Videos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Means anyone can play it, not just pc enthusiasts, widens the market

It's heavy enough requirements for a game that looks like an iphone app (and a bad one at that).

I've looked at the vid, I'm mildly intrigued by the concept but I haven't an artistic bone in my body. Would prefer more of a Dungeon Keeper or Evil Genius slant to the building.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Got this for the kids the other day, when i stop playing it i will ask him what he thinks of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Looks different but 'good' different. Is there much planned for the future of this game ?

This looks cool.
    1066ad-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 82,379 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I mistakenly heard about this game when it was on the tf2 blog and the site had crashed down to a plaintext version with no description. Actually understanding the premise of the game it seems way more interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

anyone else find the game a total RAM hog? I think there might be a link. Mine regularly gets up to 900MB usage and just gets very slooooooowww.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Guys dont let the block graphics throw you, this wont run properly on all machines.

My work laptop, which isnt awful, struggles big time with it. Integrated graphics, 1.83Ghz intel core 2 duo and 2gbs of ram. EDIT: let me clarify, its playable on my laptop, but not great by any stretch of the imagination

I guess it needs to store alot of info as the maps are quite large and also remember that this is a real 3d map, you can go down too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Looks fun, I'm on your second video now.

T7100 @ 1.8 GHz, 2.49 GB ram, integrated graphics, would it work on this?

Intel 965 Express Chipset

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

Similar spec to my laptop, it will play it but not great (maybe you can mess around with graphics a bit)

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Don't knock it just because its not for You, My young fella(11) plays lots of this and is admin on a server. Its actually very artistic and creative and just as educational as G-Mod or the HL2 build servers which has taken his time before this. They start with a blank map and end up with amazing works of art created everywhere

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/72738/128936.jpg

Its images like this that make me not want to play this game.... when i think of the time i've sunk into making my crappy house (that i was a little bit proud of up to this)

Similar spec to my laptop, it will play it but not great (maybe you can mess around with graphics a bit)

The graphics driver or the game settings?

Might I reccomend a program called gamebooster, it freezes all unnesesary processes and frees up cpu thinking gubbins and ram.

I found it helped me play stalker on those specs, woefull as it was fps and graphically, I cleared the game and enjoyed it regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

If that proc doesn't overheat regularly, then you should be relatively lag-free.

How can I monitor its temperature and performance? ctrl alt delete is all well and good, but if they down clock at a certain temp I need to be able to watch for that threshold and improve my cooling as I often leave the laptop on the bed and it gets very hot.

Use HWMonitor, start it up before you enter the game, play around with it for a bit, then exit and it'll have recorded your max temp.

Use HWMonitor, start it up before you enter the game, play around with it for a bit, then exit and it'll have recorded your max temp.

Can you see the clock speed?

Can you see the clock speed?

Use CPU-z for that.

My Intel 965 mobile express chipset driver doesn't do hardware accelerated openGL so I cant play this game, and the Intel download centre is giving me a 404 on a driver which should be openGL compatible.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got the video to beat all videos.

Holy ****.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Got the video to beat all videos.

You know, I appreciate the skill that would go into something like this but even as a gamer myself I just want to tell the creator to go get a life.

You know, I appreciate the skill that would go into something like this but even as a gamer myself I just want to tell the creator to go get a life.

Who are you to judge? Plenty of people waste their lives with drink/drugs, this guy challenged himself to do something and achieved it. You wouldnt say something like that to someone who swam the irish sea or did something similar.

And to finish up... it might have gotten him a life, he was offered a job on reddit

Who are you to judge? Plenty of people waste their lives with drink/drugs, this guy challenged himself to do something and achieved it. You wouldnt say something like that to someone who swam the irish sea or did something similar.

And to finish up... it might have gotten him a life, he was offered a job on reddit

Don't be ridiculous. Drink and drugs are never a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

No really, cmon, That is a waste of time. Fair play to him etc, the skill and time and effort put in. But jaysus, the geekiest thing I've seen on these forums in a while.

He could have dedicated time to some forumlae or something, he is obviously an intelligent guy. Some of its funny too though :P

"How about 2+1 ..how exciting right ? " "Gonna do 2+1 ...its gonna be crazy ! " :P "from one to the other to the other to the other...are you litening Pig ?"

Just set up my own server for me and a friend to play on :)

Just set up my own server for me and a friend to play on :)

How tricky is that to do?

Send the IP and we can all join to "look" at your stuff :)

Not very tricky, you just need to know how to find your own IP.

I won't be giving the IP address out as I want to keep it just for me and a friend, sorry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Regarding the negativity towards the ALU video above, he’s creating something amazing, exercising his mind, entertaining/inspiring thousands of others, and probably having a great time in the process. Personally, I think comments like "get a life" are pretty ignorant.

On a lighter note, here is one of my favourite minecraft videos of late. The video uploader was watching and recording a live stream and caught this happening. I laugh every time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

On a lighter note, here is one of my favourite minecraft videos of late. The video uploader was watching and recording a live stream and caught this happening. I laugh every time :)

Laugh at what ? I don't understand what just happened there.

• Advertisement

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Laugh at what ? I don't understand what just happened there.

It looooooks like whilst he was nerding it up with some questionable voice acting and not paying attention to his surroundings a zombie or whatever are the bad things that come out at night killed him.

The moral of the story is don't play left4dead with this chap he'll suck.

Advertisement