Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minecraft Videos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Laugh at what ? I don't understand what just happened there.

agreed. Stupid voice, not sure what all that was about. Then he's jumped by a creeper. Big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Varik wrote: »
    Got the video to beat all videos.

He built a virtual computer within a computer; I built a crappy 3 story house :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

Browsing some vids to check out the game and came across this, it's hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,973 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Lucked out on a nice world on my laptop, there is a sweeeet sweet cavern system that I found near the beach, lava at the entrance (great protection against zombies that) and this thing seems to going on for miles. I've probably spent about 10 hours exploring this cave and only stopping to dig at exposed deposits. I still havent explored/lit all of it up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Kaidan wrote: »
    Browsing some vids to check out the game and came across this, it's hilarious.

Poor Bastard! Funny though!:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

At least he was able to laugh about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

eccf7f0fab.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Overheal wrote: »
    Lucked out on a nice world on my laptop, there is a sweeeet sweet cavern system that I found near the beach, lava at the entrance (great protection against zombies that) and this thing seems to going on for miles. I've probably spent about 10 hours exploring this cave and only stopping to dig at exposed deposits. I still havent explored/lit all of it up yet.

Had a very long mine going and was about to stop as i had been turned around underground and thought that i was under the sea so didn't want to dig up or continue the direction i was going, but kept going and found a huge cave on one of my shafts i dug going up to the surface.

Got a nice little underground kingdom going with mine track all over the place, be happy when powered mine carts can do more.

I dont have enough iron dug up for minecarts, Im kinda hoarding it.

Got sick and tired of going topside and getting snuck up on by creepers, I logged in today and there was one standing right behind me. Turned it on Peaceful :mad: :p And I've still found more cave systems nearby, it's madness. All right next to the beach though, accidentally had a cave-in or three. Some were just for the lulz.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Just bought it there, wooo!

• Advertisement

Kersmash wrote: »
    Just bought it there, wooo!

So you figured out how to mine stone then :)

Yup! curse my stupidity!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Not a video, but this is the IT Crowd skin I created for my guy recently :) I'll probably make a Roy too.

scaled.php?tn=0&server=441&filename=moss2m.png&xsize=640&ysize=640

the_it_crowd_2006_b.jpg?w=600&h=337

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Epic!

Just got the game myself, ahh well there goes my thesis!

I'm getting addicted to these. I keep getting a chase off a creeper and running back into my house and it just stands there humping the door looking in at me. weird!

All this creeper and skeleton nonsense. I just play on wuss mode, aka Peaceful.

It makes exploring and mining much more enjoyable, which is what the game is all about really.

The AI is pretty basic (if it can even be called AI) so I find deaths can be random and kind of annoying.

Not a video, but this is the IT Crowd skin I created for my guy recently :) I'll probably make a Roy too.

scaled.php?tn=0&server=441&filename=moss2m.png&xsize=640&ysize=640

the_it_crowd_2006_b.jpg?w=600&h=337
    want.

LOL, Sand IS Glass! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

want.

Here you go :)

mossz.png

Save it, go to minecraft website, log in, go to preferences, upload image.

Launch game, log in, hey presto.

Also worth looking at, a neat community made skin editor to make your own.

Also, here he is in motion http://minecraft.net/skin/skin.jsp?user=Colossus_IRL

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I got it working, I used a .jar file, it says opengl1.1 so I assume it isnt the full package graphics wise, on my machine, I am happy with that TBH.

I built a tower with a house on top, terrible layout TBH but ominous, the tower looked well in the distance as it was being built, was pretty intence to climb with no walls also when it was just a core column and steps. Its made of refined stone, the wooden one burned down, with me in it.

I am worried about what it looks like though...

129594.JPG

The view...

129595.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Why not use ladders?

• Advertisement

Why not use ladders?

Pah!

I didn't know about them...

Any way it is much cooler, and allows for balconies, rooms, and is actually quick enough.

Get loads of gravel, look down, hold jump and place block and you rocket skyward, you then build the stairs around the gravel and cut it down, you do the same thing for the outer walls. I am able to jump off into the water to get down so its only a pain going upwards, but seeing it at night is great.

It also made a goal to achieve, to get that much refined stone takes some effort and pushes you to dig more and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

I love this game...
    129729.jpg

129730.jpg

Build some support columns! It just looks wrong! :D

I love the imagination that goes into the game, but the hours it takes to get materials! :eek:

I am playing on hard though, stubborn gamer that I am :D

That is so badass bubonicus!

Build some support columns! It just looks wrong! :D

No way, it's my floating fortress of doom :p
    Kersmash wrote: »
    That is so badass bubonicus!

Cheers. I got it running in a multiplayer game aswell. Showed one of my friends around who fell in love with the game when he saw me playing it.:pac:

The castle on top reaches the max build height. Also the whole mountain under the castle is hollowed out with a big sun room with a windowed roof.

I can't wait for the multiplayer to be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Couple of things that might help.

Get diamond tools. What takes hours with stone or steel takes minutes with diamond.

If your diamond pick is getting near to breaking, drop it and pick it up. Cheating kind of but it makes life much easier to be able to keep diamond tools throughout.

I'm playing on a server with corpmates from EVE Uni, I'm currently building a network of mayan ruins. :)

Nevore wrote: »
    Couple of things that might help.

Get diamond tools. What takes hours with stone or steel takes minutes with diamond.

If your diamond pick is getting near to breaking, drop it and pick it up. Cheating kind of but it makes life much easier to be able to keep diamond tools throughout.

I'm playing on a server with corpmates from EVE Uni, I'm currently building a network of mayan ruins. :)

i did NOT know that that. thank you.

Does that work with every type of pick, or just diamond?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

quarryman wrote: »

Any tools at all, including weapons and armour, made of any material.
    The others are easy enough to find anyway, so I really only use it for diamond.

I can't wait until multiplayer is fixed.

• Advertisement

quarryman wrote: »

This trick only works on multiplayer servers, along with no working furnaces, or damage to your health.

Advertisement