Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minecraft Videos

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Man my Fiancé is gonna leave me at this rate :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

bubonicus wrote: »
    This trick only works on multiplayer servers, along with no working furnaces, or damage to your health.
    Ahh. I haven't played much single player. After multi player it's too lonely. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

This trick only works on multiplayer servers, along with no working furnaces, or damage to your health.

boo!

anyone got any good servers to play on?

I've only played the Single Player....

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

quarryman wrote: »
    anyone got any good servers to play on?

I've only played the Single Player....

Try this thread on the roleplaying forum, they have an IP address of a server somebody is running.

Multiplayer is a bit of fun, but until all the features are sorted out, I will be sticking to singleplayer. But I can set up a server on Wednesday if you wanna have a quick run around?

I feel like to much of a cheat having to /give everything.

• Advertisement

I gave a Cartograph a shot last night to check out the area I'm in.

Handy tool.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

quarryman wrote: »
    I gave a Cartograph a shot last night to check out the area I'm in.

Handy tool.

Oh man that's awesome. Now you can plan the island a whole lot better! God...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Ok, I've been lurking on this thread for far too long. Minecraft does indeed look awesome. (Some of those vids have me in stitches.)

But just clicked in to this on Reddit.

http://imgur.com/a/TEBdV/1

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

There I was, right in the middle of my newly finished 2-bit adding computer. Looking for a bug when I hear...

hsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

FML...

HIM:eek:

• Advertisement

HIM:eek:
    That's great!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Anyone else ridiculously addicted to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

YES. So much of my time is spent watching minecraft videos and playing the game. Even IRL, just thinking about what I'm gonna do next.

Also, Halloween update!
    boo.png

http://minecraft.net/boo/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Kersmash wrote: »
    Also, Halloween update!

Yay! Less bugs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I hope lanterns are easy to make :)

MC just got a whole lot scarier.

I only just lit up my peninsula to stop mob spawns, before I was trapped indoors all night, now I have a wall bounding off the badies, its pretty awful, made of mud and done in one in game day, but it does the job.

So now I can bother sheep cows and pigs all night long, that sounds so wrong.

I have a tower, a wall, a farm of sorts (not worth the effort considering all the pork running about) and a mine and a spider farm for string.

What to do next.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Torches are gonna run out?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 82,379 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

My immensely vast cavern system is no longer safe??? Do you have any idea how long it took to light even a fraction of it?

Overheal wrote: »
    My immensely vast cavern system is no longer safe??? Do you have any idea how long it took to light even a fraction of it?

Don't worry about lighting your cavern. You won't be able to use any of your saves you have now. He is introducing Biomes(weather, seasons, etc...), which won't work with any of your current worlds. As far as I understand from what I have read on the minecraft forums.

Don't forget it's only alpha, and there are posts on his blog saying, not to get too attached to your saved worlds.:(

• Advertisement

Don't worry about lighting your cavern. You won't be able to use any of your saves you have now. He is introducing Biomes(weather, seasons, etc...), which won't work with any of your current worlds. As far as I understand from what I have read on the minecraft forums.

Don't forget it's only alpha, and there are posts on his blog saying, not to get too attached to your saved worlds.:(

that's a pity. Sort of getting attached to mine :(

Overheal wrote: »

Easy solution: Build a water slide. Will leave all mob spawns at the bottom every time. I usually make a giant hole at the bottom, so they die on impact, then I climb down the ladder to reap rewards :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Crucifix wrote: »
    Torches are gonna run out?! :eek:

All current torches will be replaced by lanterns.
    Only new maps and torches you set after halloween will burn out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spent ages exploring a huge tunnel, & digging all the minerals out, including diamond and more redstone than you can shake a stick at, had a load of armour and a good few tools and supplies...then fell into a massive lava pit...everything is gone!...Everything!!!!!...sad panda...

Damn you game!

Chests, you just have to use them for this sort of thing.

Hindsight and all that! :-)

i had only jst cleaned out the mine and put up a ton of torches, so i decided to start cleaning out all the goodies...and i mean all the goodies! :-(

ahh well plan b is is operation....super massive tree house!!!

I made one of those and burned it down, boring as hell TBH, a massive stone tower or two is where its at, I must build mine up to the build limit, then have a second one connected by a high bridge, that would be nice :D

I built a McDonalds sign in front of my exploration cave to mark where it was.

Why? Because I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,007 ✭✭✭Wossack

what happens when you die?

• Advertisement

You respawn at your initial spawn point and you can go back and collect your stuff where you died (as long as it is not in lava!)

Advertisement