Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minecraft Videos

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

madrab wrote: »
    You respawn at your initial spawn point and you can go back and collect your stuff where you died (as long as it is not in lava!)

Really? I've respawned in a random area before, had to run around to find out where my inital area was

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Really? I've respawned in a random area before, had to run around to find out where my inital area was

Are you sure?

It took me a while to get my bearings the first few times i died, but then sussed it out. I never went back to random point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

When you craft a compass, (Iron and red ore) it always points to your spawn point, which is always the same, (Or at lease has been for me anyway, & I've died a lot)

• Registered Users Posts: 82,379 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

you have a limited time to retreive your loose items when you die, mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

A-Trak wrote: »
    All current torches will be replaced by lanterns.
    Only new maps and torches you set after halloween will burn out.
    Time to convert all my coal into torches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I built a McDonalds sign in front of my exploration cave to mark where it was.

Why? Because I can.

I don't play Minecraft, never have, and never intend to.

But I thoroughly enjoy readin everyones mishaps and worries about their worlds :P

The lad who burned his house down, comical !

• Registered Users Posts: 82,379 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I don't play Minecraft, never have, and never intend to.
    :confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Made this with my brother earlier.

5058433860_9ddc4e6b05_b.jpg

5057840627_64721ed633_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Thats pretty epic alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Do you guys have mobs turned off or what, I am being attacked constantly in caves.

I have it set to hard but It would take me a week to make something that big at this rate.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Turned on, normal difficulty.

Off for me.

No time for skeletons interruptin' my hard minin' and craftin'.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I found a massive stash of gold and some spiders raped me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

I found a massive stash of gold and some spiders raped me :(
    You know the drill

hide your kids, hide wives and hide your husbands cause they're raping errbody out there

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

I'm running a server at the moment with a friend.

Probably will be running it until Saturday night.

If you wanna feel for multiplayer, please drop in.

address : bubonicus.gotdns.com

Unfortunatly minetracks seem to kill the server,which is some bug with the multiplayer. So don't lay any mine tracks.

Also monstors are off. Because ya can't die anyway!!

It's already started and we have built some stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Just hopped on that server for a quick look. Got a pretty damn cool glass tower there :D

I had some fun on Single player last night. I'm trying to build a house in the side of a mountain around a waterfall.

However I was trying to build around the water and must have put a block too close to the water. It over-flowed and flooded the scaffold area I was standing on. Went everywhere. Took me a good half an hour to pinch the flow off again.

The plan now is build the house with a glass centre to allow the water to flow down through.

I love the physics of how the water is handled though.

Hey, I've been playing this game for a few days now, I've built a mob trap that works really well, once the monsters are in it they can't get out and they are harvested for their sweet sweet eye juices... I mean materials. The glass box above it is where I stay overnight. Being there attracts the mobs to come after me, but they can't get me and just fall in.

1.jpg
    4.jpg
    3.jpg
    2.jpg

There are even more efficient designs where you are at the bottom and the items get to you automatically, you can leave the computer running and collect hundreds of items.

There are even more efficient designs where you are at the bottom and the items get to you automatically, you can leave the computer running and collect hundreds of items.

My design has this, there's an underground system that brings the items to a place inside my "base".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Since everyone else is getting in on the post brag gig, here's that 2-Bit adding machine I mentioned earlier, the one that suffered Creeper related errors...
    Well not exactly...
    I rebuilt it.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=130358&stc=1&d=1286577903
    You can see the 3 outputs on the left side and the 2 sets of 2-bit inputs on the right.

attachment.php?attachmentid=130359&stc=1&d=1286577953 Overhead view.

Build using Zees
    Und I needed to look up how to create the AND gates, got everything else myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Damn you.... Damn you all with your incessant talking about this game.....

I went and got it and I've just spent 5 hours digging holes.... and yet I want to keep going. Weird game. Normally I detest pure sandbox games but this is actually not bad and I take back all complaints over the GFX that I made it looks poor but it has a few nice touches in terms of detail.

My eyes hurt...

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Peej255

A Creeper ****s himself when he accidentally hops into my cart and gets driven away!! :eek:130668.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Not my work, but on my serverNOTCH. Thought you guys would be appreciative. The owner has entitled it "Hell".

tumblr_la37loKz0B1qzd3eyo1_1280.png?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1286861418&Signature=Fwz0FK5PeahTQXLCMWKdO7yub38%3D

Does Notch play on your server? :P

http://notch.tumblr.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

:eek::eek: Lol, A guy posted the pic and I presumed it was his work! :o:o

Hah! Check out that video there on the development blog, it's pretty unreal!

Thats it, I have no idea where these mobs are spawning in this tunnel, time for peaceful mode.

Hard mode is just a pita

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Can someone explain traps a little better. I've looked at a few videos but they confuse me slightly. Where is all the water coming from up top and where do you get the lava down below?

I think I need a better understanding of how water reacts..

How deep do you need to take the trap? Till you find lava?

• Advertisement

Can someone explain traps a little better. I've looked at a few videos but they confuse me slightly. Where is all the water coming from up top and where do you get the lava down below?

I think I need a better understanding of how water reacts..

How deep do you need to take the trap? Till you find lava?

I only discovered this recently. You need to find spring water and use a bucket to transport it.

Read here.

Advertisement