Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minecraft Videos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Thanking you!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

I believe you can also transport lava with your trusty bucket :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Wossack wrote: »
    I believe you can also transport lava with your trusty bucket :)

You can indeed! Just be careful when right clicking on your storage chest, so you don't accidently drop the lava in the middle of your house :o

Oh dear! Hilarity ensues lol

Found a mob spawner! It Spawns spiders, so I made a trap right below it to harvest their string.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Can someone explain traps a little better. I've looked at a few videos but they confuse me slightly. Where is all the water coming from up top and where do you get the lava down below?

I think I need a better understanding of how water reacts..

How deep do you need to take the trap? Till you find lava?

you could bring both water and lava to you.
    Using a bucket you can scoop whats called a lava spring, lava that isn't flowing (image), and place it anywhere and it will spawn flowing lava.

So, dig a pit, lets say 9x9x9.
    Place lava spawner in the middle.
    RUN!
    cover pit with one layer of rock/whatever.
    Place a TNT in the ground, place pressure plate over it.
    Do not step on pressure plate.

I haven't done it myself so I'm unsure if simply placing a pressure plate on a TNT box will activate it.

you could bring both water and lava to you.
    Using a bucket you can scoop whats called a lava spring, lava that isn't flowing (image), and place it anywhere and it will spawn flowing lava.

So, dig a pit, lets say 9x9x9.
    Place lava spawner in the middle.
    RUN!
    cover pit with one layer of rock/whatever.
    Place a TNT in the ground, place pressure plate over it.
    Do not step on pressure plate.

I haven't done it myself so I'm unsure if simply placing a pressure plate on a TNT box will activate it.

lol I'll have a look tonight. Sounds like I'll just end up having a lava bath so I'll clear my inventory before I try it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

quarryman wrote: »
    I only discovered this recently. You need to find spring water and use a bucket to transport it.

Read here.

If you build a 2x2 hole (width and length, obviously) and fill the space with water (I think that you can do this with as few as 3 buckets) it will turn into an infinity well. This might also work with lava.

If you build a 2x2 hole (width and length, obviously) and fill the space with water (I think that you can do this with as few as 3 buckets) it will turn into an infinity well. This might also work with lava.

2 buckets is enough, fill opposite corners.

Can't do it with lava, unfortunately....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I was messing around and a cow got stuck in my minecart! Sorry for the picture size.

cow.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

This may have been posted already, but i saw it Kokatu this morning and thought it was awesome.

Crucifix wrote: »
    You can indeed! Just be careful when right clicking on your storage chest, so you don't accidently drop the lava in the middle of your house :o

Indeed. Only got back to playing this last night.

Built a semblence of a water trap, went way down into my mine to, got lava, pottering up through my cave/house open door with lava bucket stll equipped and A: dead and B: I have flowing lava where my front door used to be. It was a rage quit after that..

found my first diamond last night - and promptly fell in some lava

gah!

I've found enough diamond to make 2 picks so far BUT lost one of them to the lava last night. Such a pain in the whole.

that little 'tiss' as stuff gets melted in lava is heart breaking lol

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Oh my.

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/1365758140/the-ddos-attack-continues-ill-just-get-back-to

Getting DDoS'ed because the people want moar Legoz. Seriously, that is ludicrous!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Halloween update woo! I've been to hell and back, now I'm exploring for biomes

• Registered Users Posts: 82,973 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

500x_minecraftemmy1-1000.jpg ........ can't wait for MineCon

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The Biomes are pretty cool. Glad my torches aren't rendered useless yet :P God damn made a mob spawn trap and got carried downstream myself when I was widening the cave. Feckin spiders crawled up and killed me D:

Oh and I found this MASSIVE cave sprawl, so huge that I got completely lost for an hour. Ended up closing the game and running Minecraft X-ray to navigate my way out :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Wish the SMP was sorted out, that's all I play.

• Advertisement

Oh and I found this MASSIVE cave sprawl, so huge that I got completely lost for an hour. Ended up closing the game and running Minecraft X-ray to navigate my way out :rolleyes:

You suck!
    When lost, dig up! (Also have compass)

Notch hired an artist with his newfound millions

http://kotaku.com/5678720/this-is-good-news-for-the-future-graphics-of-minecraft

Meet Junkboy and some of his gallery at Deviantart: http://jnkboy.deviantart.com/

Im guessing the rest is not on DA for copyright issues or something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Would be sweet if it went cell shaded.

Keeping everything smooth and blocky but not pixelated. Like the difference between a stick man drawn in Flash or MSpaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Did anyone else have a strange dream that they were Chevy Chase at a hotel but there was no door so you went outisde and whacked at a tree until you had enough wood for a crafting bench and you made your own ****ing door?

just me then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Anyone wanna jump on me and my housemates server later?

We're just messing about.

You can do what you like, just don't wreck my house :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Tallon wrote: »

*clicks flint and tinder a few times*

Jumpy wrote: »
    *clicks flint and tinder a few times*

It's made out of stone :p

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

Tallon wrote: »

PM me the IP address if you don't want to put it on the forum.
    Bub.;)

• Advertisement

bubonicus wrote: »
    PM me the IP address if you don't want to put it on the forum.
    Bub.;)

I'll grab it later when I'm home and drop you a PM

Advertisement