Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minecraft Videos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

Tallon wrote: »
    I'll grab it later when I'm home and drop you a PM

Nice one. Do you have any server mods enabled?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

fire me a pm too Tallon

not sure Im available for very long tonight though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

bubonicus wrote: »
    Nice one. Do you have any server mods enabled?

Havn't a clue, he's the brains, i just dig

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

no server mods on it at the moment but if you have any i'll throw them in if they are good.

screwed up thing is that i have to issue a new ip for anyone who wants to enter the server every time i restart my laptop. i think there is a server program for minecraft that allows the use of a static IP just for your minecraft (will look into it)

Software is Hamachi (if anyone is looking into setting up their own server) will try it out this evening and see what i come up with.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Might PM you later Tallon :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

no server mods on it at the moment but if you have any i'll throw them in if they are good.

screwed up thing is that i have to issue a new ip for anyone who wants to enter the server every time i restart my laptop. i think there is a server program for minecraft that allows the use of a static IP just for your minecraft (will look into it)

Try this to get a static address.

I run a server with the address - bubonicus.gotdns.com

Hamachi is a virtual network tool, might cause extra lag.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

bubonicus wrote: »
    PM me the IP address if you don't want to put it on the forum.
    Bub.;)

same here. No dynamite I promise.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

what sort of server does it run on?

DeV.

its just the standard minecraft server software downloaded from the site. i am not aware of any other server software that you can run minecraft off.

its just unstable and patchy as this is the alpha software but thebeta should be out soon.

It runs from your PC

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ah I was thinking I could throw it up on a unix server and solve your problems. I havent actually played it myself but Dav raves about it and I must admit to being intrigued...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

DeVore wrote: »
    Ah I was thinking I could throw it up on a unix server and solve your problems. I havent actually played it myself but Dav raves about it and I must admit to being intrigued...

DeV.

You can run it on any server that can run Java, what server software are you using?

Oh DeV, if only you knew what you were getting into

Oi. Tallon. Whens the server up? :)

my fuse is burning down.

Tallon wrote: »
    Oh DeV, if only you knew what you were getting into

I am was a graphics snob. Until this game. Until this divine piece of artistry.

Server is up, can whoevers interested please PM me with your username otherwise you won't be able to do anything

:D

Seems to be ongoing issues with minecraft because of the update.

A couple of you's logged in fine but were promptly kicked

I'll give you's a shout when it's operational

Anyone else, please PM your username

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

:(

Thats a pity, was really looking forward to a laugh with yee

• Registered Users Posts: 82,973 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

DeVore wrote: »

DeV.
    In other news Boards.ie was shut down after the servers where overwhelmed by minecraft related traffic...

Giz a PM tallon

Damn multiplayer and its no dying policy.

I wanted to release a horde of zombies or something. But it isnt working yet.
    It doesnt have the terror of nighttime, or the feeling of safety in your house.

• Advertisement

Right lads, should have the server up again when i'm home after 6

I have all your usernames added so you's can do what you's want.

Make sure you download the latest exe from www.minecraft.net because they updated a good bit last night

Jumpy wrote: »
    Damn multiplayer and its no dying policy.

I wanted to release a horde of zombies or something. But it isnt working yet.
    It doesnt have the terror of nighttime, or the feeling of safety in your house.

notch is working on it though so whenever Beta is released you chould be able to die in the SMP.

Servers online again lads

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

IP changed Tal?

Yeah, I just PM'd you

Anyone else need it, drop me a PM

I'm working late tonight but I'll be on, hopefully for more than 10 mins. How's the construction getting on? :pac:

we're flying along with it. myself, wozza_ie and tallon slaved away last night.

worst was mining the obsidian with a metal pick but sure it was fine.

i think we'll have to come up with a very big project soon. when we all have enough diamond for picjks and shovels anwyay.

also thinking about putting in a mod but i have to work out how to get it implemented (not arsed at the moment but i'll get around to it.)

I'm working late tonight but I'll be on, hopefully for more than 10 mins. How's the construction getting on? :pac:

havn't a clue what we're doing, lol

I'll try get the server on about 6ish

It was a bit of crack last night.

I was playing in 3D again but my eyes were bleeding after about 20 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Was the duplicating items glitch patched?

• Advertisement

No, it's very frustrating.

Advertisement