Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minecraft Videos

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Were on now lads :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Connection timed out :(

New IP again

• Registered Users Posts: 82,973 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

you never sent me the IP :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Aye, wouldn't mind the new IP either if you don't mind :)

• Advertisement

PM's sent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

May I have the IP as well? I want to see what the place looks like and have some fun adding to it :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Which ride will the duck decide?

135116.JPG

Whats the craic in terms of builing stuff? Do ye've a set idea of what goes where or can people just build what they feel like?

Going on now for a while, will I be allowed to bring a friend along tomorrow?

• Advertisement

Lads, this is purely fun.

bring whoever you want, as long as they don't act the bollox with anyone else in the game

And do what you want, where you want

Have fun

Don't take stuff from houses of other people.

Everything in the Main building is communal

Tallon wrote: »

bring whoever you want, as long as they don't act the bollox with anyone else in the game

Have fun

What about Dirtybollox? :D

I'll see if I can convince my friend to join tomorrow.

Tallon wrote: »

Have fun

Don't take stuff from houses of other people.

Everything in the Main building is communal

*pours lava all over your floor* muahahahaha! I wont be on tonight, will defo be back on tomorrow evening though. It's pretty cool on multiplayer. Tallon can you PM the IP tomorrow as it will surely change :o

*pours lava all over your floor*

That's part of the house I'm building, which is also underwater. Underwater Lava River FTW.

Inspired by my Yacht Club's underwater lounge, I'm sure

Dredging is fun when i lag that badly. I blame Megastructures for teaching me the technique.

Yeah, lounge ¬_¬.

Mine will have Magma curtains and a magma river.

the fireplace room needs a magma floor.

Built this tonight. Lakeside cabin overlooking Overheals yacht club :D

logcabin.png

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Is there any particular reason that you're not just posting the IP details? Seems like quite a bit of hassle PMing it around every time.

Anyway, Im not sure how well I would be able to connect from Australia, but I'd like to have a go if someone would be so kind as to send me the details.

My login is Colossus_IRL if you need that.

Because theres no other way to control who gets access, really. Public IPs beget griefers. Kersmash's house would be burned within minutes! You did look like you had a lot of fun burning all that brush though.

Lag makes shoveling sand take much longer than it needs to... having to shovel the same brick 8 times...

And dont even think about getting into a boat. no sir. When i tried it annoyed me so much i practically gave up on the Yacht thing and am working on a not so secret underground layer. I dont know where my screencaps saved so ill just fraps a few tomorree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

I guess that makes sense. A few weeks ago I spent many of days building and maintaining an awesome treehouse forest ot the top of a mountain. I stopped growing vertically when I hit the top of the map, and the whole thing was about 2.5 trees tall, at the top of this mountain.

Anyway, every day there would be damage for me to fix up, plus work on the new parts I was working on to do.

Anyway one day I logged on, and it had been burned to the ground, even on a server where the use of water and lava were tightly controlled.

I discovered that some jerk had actually gone to the effort of channelling all the way down to the lava at the bottom of the map (from the very top), laid a fuse of combustible blocks, and brought fire all the way up.

People's stuff gets griefed all the time, but man did it suck. You can't just re-build trees!

Anyway, I'd be keen to try and build another one in a perhaps safer server :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Anyway one day I logged on, and it had been burned to the ground, even on a server where the use of water and lava were tightly controlled.

I discovered that some jerk had actually gone to the effort of channelling all the way down to the lava at the bottom of the map (from the very top), laid a fuse of combustible blocks, and brought fire all the way up.

Lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

well we are trying to maintain a fun and grief free server. any bit of trouble off of anyone and they will be banned.

we might be setting up the server on another computer in the next few days so they IP will remain constant.

just thought of it now. anyone griefs, (if someone knocks a hole in your house and repairs it straightaway because they couldnt be arsed going around is fine. IMO but it must be repaired straight away.), they get banned and their construction will be torn down :D just to remove all traces of them ever being there.

Overheal wrote: »
    And dont even think about getting into a boat. no sir. When i tried it annoyed me so much i practically gave up on the Yacht thing and am working on a not so secret underground layer. I dont know where my screencaps saved so ill just fraps a few tomorree.

Taking a screenshot with the Print Screen button kinda works like the copy and paste function, so, AFAIK, you have to take the screenshot and then paste it into a program like paint, etc. and then save it from there. So you can only really do it one at a time.

I'll be on tonight if its running. Gotta start and finish my house. Spent last night making route paths from Tallon's house to my area :)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dunie001

could someone please pm me the ip address...i'd love to join.

My user name is duniedunie001...

I'm very good at mining and not getting lost...but not so imaginative in the building department!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Is the game still only 10 dollars? wouldn't mind getting in on this, maybe even tonight.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Is the game still only 10 dollars? wouldn't mind getting in on this, maybe even tonight.

It is. Get it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Can someone PM me the IP also? Might jump in on this as well if I get the chance :)

• Advertisement

The IP changes when the server is restarted, so we're all waiting on Tal to PM us the new IP :D

Advertisement