Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring courses

• 26-09-2010 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I am currently doing Visual Comm in CIT and would love to transfer to Multimedia at this stage. Any out there know if this is possible? I got enough points in the LC but did not put it on my CAO.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Assuming your a 1st year and your only 2 weeks in, you should just go talk to your Head of Dept. about changing courses.

If not you will need to do an Internal Transfer, its easy enough but it might take a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Tbh you'd probably have to wait until next year.

Talk to Rose about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 cathnews

Ok thanks for replies. I'll have a chat with Rose bout it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Tis possible to do alright, but you do need to speak to both your own head of department and/or the head of dept. of the course you want to transfer to. If there is places availiable and you have achieved the points there should be no problem ( I speak from experience here)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 cathnews

thanks Red Storm. Good to hear from someone whos bin there. Will let you know how i get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭dodgystuff

I'm in Multimedia, our class is pretty jammers tbh but no harm in talking to Rose

Advertisement