Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

awesome taxis!

Options
  • 26-09-2010 12:45am

Not sure if I am allowed to sing the praises of a particular taxi firm here, but last week we were stuck in town at about 4am, called this taxi firm and they had a taxi out to us in 30 minutes. The driver rang us to tell us he was 15 minutes away, then again to tell us he was just around the corner. I left my phone in the taxi, about an hour after getting home I found out, rang it, taxi driver answered. I told him to leave the phone in the office in the town, but he insisted on bringing it back to me the following afternoon. I have used this taxi company many times after getting off the last train alone, cannot sing their praises highly enough.

The firm is Bracken Cabs. I put this at the bottom so the mods can remove it easily if it's not allowed to promote a certain business.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

Not sure if I am allowed to sing the praises of a particular taxi firm here, but last week we were stuck in town at about 4am, called this taxi firm and they had a taxi out to us in 30 minutes. The driver rang us to tell us he was 15 minutes away, then again to tell us he was just around the corner. I left my phone in the taxi, about an hour after getting home I found out, rang it, taxi driver answered. I told him to leave the phone in the office in the town, but he insisted on bringing it back to me the following afternoon. I have used this taxi company many times after getting off the last train alone, cannot sing their praises highly enough.

The firm is Bracken Cabs. I put this at the bottom so the mods can remove it easily if it's not allowed to promote a certain business.

Good stuff!! Am i right in thinking Bracken Cabs are the local ones to Balbriggan??

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No problem with praising great local service (unless, of course, you are associated with the business in question)

Thanks

Beasty

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

Bracken gets the BIG THUMBS UP from us after the good lady mistakenly left her purse behind one night a couple of years ago, was only noticed the following morning and after a phonecall to the office, they dropped it back within minutes - cards/money (circa €40 blips) intact - needless to say the driver got a very generous tip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Stella2010

can't praise them highly enough here either - I use them regularly - they are always on time and the owner told me not to be walking up the town off the night link and to ring them when I am near Balbriggan -they always collect me from it.

Couple of weeks ago I got a cab to the train station and realised I had no money - not only did the driver tell me I could drop it in later he also offered me ten euro to see me through the day for lunch etc ! Where would you get it.
    Wouldn't use any other firm tbh.

Great to see so many people have praise for this company! Certainly the best I've come across in all my years living in Dublin!

• Advertisement
Advertisement