Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropping out

Options
  • 26-09-2010 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Arts student. Dropping out. Please do tell how to go about it because no matter how hard I try I cannot understand that website.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭christymac

really really easy. got to the programmes office in the arts block and ask to sign a withdrawal form (think thats wats its called). They dont care once u sign the fornm and hand in your student card. will take less than 5min, guaranreed!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 karpo

W'hey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

If you google "UCD withdrawals" this is one of the first responses.

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/fees/withdrawing_from_a_course.htm
    I am withdrawing from my Programme at UCD. What should I do?

Speak to your programme office to decide if withdrawing is really the best option for you

If you are sure that you want to withdraw, you need to Fill out a Withdrawal form at your programme office (you can fill it out then and there)and give back your student card

The date that you complete and submit the withdrawal form to the programme office, is the date that will be put up as your official withdrawal date on your University record. This is used for fee purposes

If you stop attending classes and DO NOT submit a withdrawal form you will be liable for fees up until the date that you fill out the withdrawal form

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

If you google "UCD withdrawals" this is one of the first responses.

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/fees/withdrawing_from_a_course.htm
    I've tried and tried to change courses, and it's just not possible, so I'm actually considering dropping out :eek:

First off, they take your student card, so I assume you'll lose your campus accomodation? (I've paid over €2,000 for it already!)

Also, the bit about dropping out after October and being liable to the €1654 levy; does that mean that you get that back if you drop out before October?

I don't know what to do :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Healium wrote: »
    I've tried and tried to change courses, and it's just not possible, so I'm actually considering dropping out :eek:

First off, they take your student card, so I assume you'll lose your campus accomodation? (I've paid over €2,000 for it already!)

Also, the bit about dropping out after October and being liable to the €1654 levy; does that mean that you get that back if you drop out before October?

Go talk to your student advisor. They're great, and will be able to give you all the info you need, will tell you what courses you can transfer to (you must have the points requirement), and will be able to give you all the correct information about fees/accommodation.

• Advertisement

Why are you dropping out? It could work out very expensive if you plan on going back to college..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    Why are you dropping out? It could work out very expensive if you plan on going back to college..

"Well it is Orts, in fairness loike."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Lou45

nothing wrong with an arts degree! seriously, try stick it out if you can, first few weeks can be awful but it does get a lot better. Try changing your subjects if it would improve things. drop out fees are crazy so might as well give i one last shot!

Healium wrote: »

You'll probably have to pay half fees if you drop out before September ends. I'm not sure about residences, you may get in contact with them about what happens if you drop out.

Have they said that there is no way of starting the course you want to change to in Semester 2? Or can you just not get into it at all due to points? Your student advisor can give you more specific advice.

Like I said it another thread about somebody else wanting to switch courses (and was told I was wrong!), it is not always easy and it can have financial implications. Make sure you are 100% sure about switching or dropping out.

Lou45 wrote: »
    nothing wrong with an arts degree! seriously, try stick it out if you can, first few weeks can be awful but it does get a lot better. Try changing your subjects if it would improve things. drop out fees are crazy so might as well give i one last shot!

Or request a leave of absence, see if you can restart in the next semester or any number of options. Dropping out is the nuclear option and can cause financial havoc! The OP should get onto the Student Advisor and Programme Office ASAP.

• Advertisement
Advertisement