Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

aviva stadium, security point of view

• 26-09-2010 3:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭

I know a post was on here last night, I was reading it, saying things about 1 exit and the like, but if anyone here was there tonight, I got a lot of slack about the no smoking in the stadium, I smoke myself and don't get to go out to have a smoke working, the amount of people that gave out about the no smoking rule was crazy, and I do understand how it feels but it is not up to us, management has made it that way, we enforce the rules at the end of the day, we are just doing a job like most ppl, we do what we are told, if ya want to give out, complain to the aviva management we can't change them for ourselves so they won't change it for general public, rant over ha

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

Balfie wrote: »
    I know a post was on here last night, I was reading it, saying things about 1 exit and the like, but if anyone here was there tonight, I got a lot of slack about the no smoking in the stadium, I smoke myself and don't get to go out to have a smoke working, the amount of people that gave out about the no smoking rule was crazy, and I do understand how it feels but it is not up to us, management has made it that way, we enforce the rules at the end of the day, we are just doing a job like most ppl, we do what we are told, if ya want to give out, complain to the aviva management we can't change them for ourselves so they won't change it for general public, rant over ha

Ignore the smokers ?
    At the last Ireland game only a single steward seemed to care and after telling us to stop dident do anything after that as we continued to smoke

The amount of people who will smoke during football games ( and concerts ) is huge. The rule is enforceable without kicking half of the customers out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

You can't smoke in a stadium that is essentially - outdoors?

F*cking hell.

Next they'll be outlawing barbeques.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

I didn't say ignore the smokers, its just not up to us to make the rules we just enforce them,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Smokers complaining about rights, awesome.

837ab.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Steodonn wrote: »
    Ignore the smokers ?
    At the last Ireland game only a single steward seemed to care and after telling us to stop dident do anything after that as we continued to smoke

The amount of people who will smoke during football games ( and concerts ) is huge. The rule is enforceable without kicking half of the customers out
    That same excuse was trotted outwhen the pub ban came in. There is no need to throw half the crowd out just stand up to one or two and the herd will follow
    Some people thought it would be unenforceable but it worked.

All it takes is for people like me & you to say " hey there's no smoking here" and it will work

Society in action

Ps I am a smoker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

How immature are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

tolosenc wrote: »
    How immature are you?

Are you saying that smokers are immature?

That's racist, you know.

muletide wrote: »
    That same excuse was trotted outwhen the pub ban came in. There is no need to throw half the crowd out just stand up to one or two and the herd will follow
    Some people thought it would be unenforceable but it worked.

All it takes is for people like me & you to say " hey there's no smoking here" and it will work

Society in action

Ps I am a smoker

Its alot easier to leave a pub than a football stadium

Its alot easier to leave a pub than a football stadium
    Absolutely no difference- you do not leave a pub for a smoke you merely move to an area of the pub where it is allowed and there are facilities to cope with the smokers

There is no requirement to leave, just move to a designated smoking area. It works in Croke park and it works in every pub in Ireland/- just on different scales.

But if you want stadium specific examples, Try smoking in the emirates or wembly in London and see what happens, or closer to home try lighting up in front of me at a match and see what happens.

PS (yet again) I am a smoker

There is no requirement to leave, just move to a designated smoking area. It works in Croke park and it works in every pub in Ireland/- just on different scales.

But if you want stafium specific examples, Try smoking in the emirates or wembly and see what happens

According to the steward there are none at all. Thats what I have a problem with. I would happily got a designated area behind the stand or something but there is no smoking anywhere .

• Advertisement

According to the steward there are none at all. Thats what I have a problem with. I would happily got a designated area behind the stand or something but there is no smoking anywhere .

Average match 105 mins
    Average concert 140 mins

How about you keep them in your pocket for that time- you don't need to smoke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

ow about you keep them in your pocket for that time- you don't need to smoke
    Hahaahahahahahahaha...

...original

Rycn wrote: »
    Hahaahahahahahahaha...

...original

Good point welcome to the debate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Balfie wrote: »
    rant over ha

Glad you got that off your chest OP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement