Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pup: Boy or Girl

Options
  • 26-09-2010 3:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Getting a dog in the next couple of weeks, narrowed it down to a Lab or a Golden retriever, apart from the obvious is there any difference between the personality of a Dog or Bitch.

Cheers Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

The male will grow a bit bigger, will be a bit less independant than a female and be a little bit more likely to wander. Labs and Retrievers are big wanderers anyway so the last point should be irrelevant as you will loose either male or female if you don't have adequate secure fencing to keep them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭gypsygirl

I'd definetly go for a bitch, but thats just my personel opinion, I find the males (not just labs or retrievers) are too smelly. We have one male (Doberman) and his wee is just so stinky, we also have 2 bitches, a German Shepherd and a Rottie and they are both so much cleaner, everytime one of the bitches wee Nigel goes and pee's on top of it and the smell is so strong, I have to hose it down several times a week to keep the smell down. I've also caught him marking in the house several times over the years, I've never had that with any of our girls.

Advertisement