Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Difficult route to work

• 26-09-2010 3:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

I was reading a thread last night, that being Friday night, and southsiderosie, mentioned she got off the Train at connolly and had to cross the rivers of filth on the northside( presuming she is a southside resident and works on the southside, if that being the case why she didnt get off in Tara street, on the southside, beats me)...anyhow i was wondering what was the most you ever went out of your way to get to work?

I worked in tyrrelstown, and one morning i noticed the busses were changed they didnt go the same route, so sitting on the bus i hopped off at the stop that was first past the old route and walked over 20mins to work( i was late) So share with us your stories of putting yourself out for work...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

I'm unemployed. I'd cross a scorching desert for work but i'd rather be jobless if it meant walking through Tara street everyday TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

karlog wrote: »
    I'm unemployed. I'd cross a scorching desert for work but i'd rather be jobless if it meant walking through Tara street everyday TBH.

Translation;

I'm unemployed.

I would do anything to get a job. Anything.

As long as it doesn't involve any hassle, or me being inconvenienced in any way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Translation;

I'm unemployed.

I would do anything to get a job. Anything.

As long as it doesn't involve any hassle, or me being inconvenienced in any way.

I like the way i typed it better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

karlog wrote: »

the irish times workers always make me Lol...

acting all high and might but they all know soon they'll have to cross that wide dangerous road and get 1) the poxy 2) hit by the 37 3) both and park parked on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

I was reading a thread last night, that being Friday night, and southsiderosie, mentioned she got off the Train at connolly and had to cross the rivers of filth on the northside( presuming she is a southside resident and works on the southside, if that being the case why she didnt get off in Tara street, on the southside, beats me)..

haha I was thinking about that for ages too!

• Advertisement
Advertisement