Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good home wanted for Labrador

Options
  • 26-09-2010 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10 1noelsattic

Hi

We are looking for a living home for our labrador who will be 6 yrs old on the 15th december. He is a large active dog, very kind and loving. We are expecting baby number 2 so unfortunately for him we just wont have the time any longer to give him the care he needs. You can PM me if you are interested

Noel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Try posting in the rehoming thread at the top of this forum. You are very unlikely to find a home of any discription though for a 6 year old dog. Also you aren't going to get a good response for posting on here about wanting to throw away your dog just because your having a baby. This is one of the huge pet peeves of a lot of people on here who consider their pets part of their family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Bit harsh dont ya think? Hes not throwing the dog away, hes rehoming it. Fair play Noel, if u dont have the time to give the dog you're doing the right thing. Good luck with the baba.

Indeed while I don't like people getting rid of dogs because ours are family members, this is the best way to go about it.
    Glad you're doing the right thing OP :)
    Would love to help but I think our two are enough :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

Hi

We are looking for a living home for our labrador who will be 6 yrs old on the 15th december. He is a large active dog, very kind and loving. We are expecting baby number 2 so unfortunately for him we just wont have the time any longer to give him the care he needs. You can PM me if you are interested

Noel

fair play to ya
    hope ya find a good home for the dog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

While I don't agree with rehoming pets because of the arrival of a baby here's a few things might make it easier to rehome him.

As others have said him being 6 is a large negative against him, there's so many young dogs or pups available that people don't often look at the older dogs so make sure you allow plenty of time to find a home for him.
    Make sure he's fully vaccinated, neutered and microchipped, people will be more interested then.
    Get all his basic training to a really good level - walking on lead nicely, sit, stay and make sure he doesnt jump up.
    If he has any behavioural problems then start working on them now, again there's so many dogs looking for new homes with no problems that if he has any issues it'll be a point against him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

Hi

Noel
    try putting the dog up on re homing and put a good few pics up and loads of details about the dog.
    good luck finding him a new gaff:D

Advertisement