Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so im thinking of opening a small webshop.

• 26-09-2010 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭

Right so im looking at the idea of opening a small webshop dealing with console modding solutions, I dont plan on offering any modding services myself but I would like to sell things like console repair parts, pandoras batteries, ds flashcards, ps3break dongles etc,(At fair prices)
    This thread is here mainly to gauge interest in the idea and to get peoples opinions of the idea so let my know what you think and it would be much appreciated, and if it goes ahead im sure we could work out some sort of a discount for boardsies first the first week.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

i'd be interested if the prices were right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

A shop based in Ireland for that kind of stuff would indeed be nice, as postage tends to be a pain for even the smallest of things from abroad. I've seen recently, postage quotes costing more than the actual item I, so for me that's a deal breaker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Would also like to buy my bits and pieces locally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

+1

Think it'd be great for sorting parts and consumables, especially when in a rush! Price always is the deciding factor though, even if it's only slightly more, it's understandable considering the benefits of shopping locally.

Reckon there's a good market for that kinda stuff here though, have considered it myself before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Good idea, i would also be ok with paying a little bit more to buy within Ireland too. Just out of convenience, i'm not against free trade or anything....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭M00lers

Sounds good to me, wouldn't mind paying a small premium either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

price and consistant supply are what I'd look for in a shop and price breaks for bulk buying.

Sounds like a good idea, if the prices are right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Great idea, would be interested. But can you sell ds carts in Ireland?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

well everyone else id doing it so i dont see why not, ill look into it tho

Advertisement