Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

choosing a semi-decent sound card

Options
  • 26-09-2010 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hey all,

Anyone help me on choosing a semi-decent sound card. My sound blaster is old and I'm having problems with it. Can't use it at all for recording - "line in" wont work. Did loads of research apparently it's a compatibility issue with Vista (go vista!)

Budget would be max 200 euro. :(

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Hey all,

Anyone help me on choosing a semi-decent sound card. My sound blaster is old and I'm having problems with it. Can't use it at all for recording - "line in" wont work. Did loads of research apparently it's a compatibility issue with Vista (go vista!)

Budget would be max 200 euro. :(

Thanks in advance!

This isn't half bad - http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/1161-m-audio-delta-1010lt-10-in-10-out-pci-virtual-studio.html

There are also options if you have a firewire connection (1394) on your pc.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Mr. Grinder

Cool man! I'll look that one up alright.

Thanks for helping me out! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

are you looking for a usb soundcard or one that you install into your computer?

I'm not too bothered to be honest with ya'. As long as i can't get a line in recording and it's decent quality for music - I'm happy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=products.family&ID=USBinterfaces

theres loads more to choose from besides m audio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Ive been through a few soundcards and i think next time i decide to upgrade i might go for something like a projectmix with a built in soundcard.. ive seen them going for as little as 400 used.. My friend has the projectmix (love it since seen his one) which comes with pro tools m-powered so its a win win.. i have the novation nio 2/4 at the moment for the laptop and the creative audigy 2 platnium ex for my box.. i find the novation to be a handy one especially for laptop djing.. but i love the audigy cuz of all the inputs..

seannash wrote: »
    theres loads more to choose from besides m audio

Thanks again :). But I guess they are just interfaces tho' right?... Prolly need an actual sound card tho'.
    Stab*City wrote: »
    a projectmix with a built in sound card.. ive seen them going for as little as 400 used..

Bit out of my price range unfortunately... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Lexicon Lambda = the ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭oootini

my new motu ultralite mkiii just arrived in the post! daycint yoke!

Neurojazz wrote: »
    This isn't half bad - http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/1161-m-audio-delta-1010lt-10-in-10-out-pci-virtual-studio.html

There are also options if you have a firewire connection (1394) on your pc.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Neurojazz. I ordered that card on e-bay. Got a pretty decent deal too.

Cheers for helping me out! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

save your money up and get an RME - superb!

empirix wrote: »
    save your money up and get an RME - superb!

Bit late for that. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

mistake!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 decko69

the delta 1010 is an excelent sound card , i have one for years , works on all oppreating systems includeing 64 bit os i dont have the LT i have the 1010 which has a breakout box which can be rack mounted , a real work horse 10 outa 10

Advertisement