Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about fees..

Options
  • 26-09-2010 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

Can anybody tell me what the tuition fees are like(in general) in the UK for graduate medicine and graduate veterinary medicine for an Irish student. I know in Ireland it is about €13000 a year for graduate medicine. Don't know what it is for grad veterinary here either. Have been searching the web and cannot find any useful information. Btw the undergraduate degree would be a three year general science degree(major in physiology) from UCD.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Tevez101

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

I was told you pay for the first year and the NHS can pay the final 3 years? I think I read that online too but I'm not 100% on whether or not that applies to Irish students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

I didn't overly research this but I think fees for vetinary in ucd are closer to 30k (per year) but i wouldn't worry about this because almost no one seems to get accepted. In the UK you could do vet for closer to 3000 sterling a year.

I was told a similar thing to above, the NHS give bursarys to EU students for years 2,3,4 of a graduate medicine course. I think you're tied to the NHS afterwards, but you could be spending just 5000 euro on your first year and the rest of the fees will be covered.

definitely worth applying to at least 3 places in the UK in conjunction with Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 massive ballack

OP- if you do a GEM course in the UK as an ROI student you will have to pay 1st year fees, which are roughly 3500 sterling, you should be able to get a UK Govt student loan to cover this also. you'll then get your fees paid for yrs 2,3,4 by the NHS. you'll not be entitled to any nhs bursaries/ UK govt student loans for your maintenance costs, but as I said your fees will be paid by nhs apart from yr 1. There's no obligation to work for the nhs after graduation, you're free to do your intern year and spend the rest of your career anywhere u want. it's definitely worth applying, considering the ridiculous cost of GEM in Ireland!

Advertisement