Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gaming pcs from ankermann

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

the third one as it has an i5 but tbh the 9800 is getting pretty outdated, if i where you id try and build one yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I would not get anything from ankermann if i where you as a friend of mine got a system from them and he had lots of issues with it.
    There support was awful to say the least as he waited a week at a time for them to reply to webnotes and there support staff struggled with english.

As suggested look into building your own as it can be tailored to your needs and is lots of fun too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I wouldn't really buy any of those. Building your own is the way to go. It's like lego and there's a forum load of people to help you and the internet to back you up.

Post up your budget - (€600?) and any extra information:
    • Does the budget include postage?
    • Have you got a mouse/speakers/keyboard?
    • You want to play Crysis - any other specific needs?
    • Have you got a monitor? Do you know the resolution?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Not Ankermann for the love of God :eek: That's a name that comes up here quite often in a rather unhappy fashion :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Ok ive decided to make my own gaming pc and would like to know where the best places to purchase motherboards for gaming and please recommend a good ones for gameing.

Thanks for all the help so far

• Advertisement

Monotype wrote: »
    I wouldn't really buy any of those. Building your own is the way to go. It's like lego and there's a forum load of people to help you and the internet to back you up.

Post up your budget - (€600?) and any extra information:
    • Does the budget include postage?
    • Have you got a mouse/speakers/keyboard?
    • You want to play Crysis - any other specific needs?
    • Have you got a monitor? Do you know the resolution?
    Hi,
    The budget would be around 650.I would want a good gaming pc for games with high specs like crysis.The PC would also be use regularly for normal things like surfing the web.If I were to get a graphics card i would always choose nvidia

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

If I were to get a graphics card i would always choose nvidia GTX 460
    Thought you were having a laugh there for a second! At the moment it's the only reason to go nVidia unless you like burning money. Literally. Burning.

Have you got a monitor? What's it's specs? Do you need an OS?

brand loyalty will do you no good when it comes to gaming rigs as one brand is good one year and the next next year, i would look at pixmania.ie for components but there are other online stores that are good, you should be looking at amd + ati with your budget as intel are a bit pricey and ati are good this gen, im sure people will give you some specs here, cpu i would go with a phenom x4 gpu a ati hd 5770

Hi,Ive always though ndivia supplied the best cards but who am I to know.
    I have choosen the intel core i5 processor as I hear its good for gaming at 200 euro(havnt bought it yet though) but im lost on the motherboard.I dont really want to spend more than 150 euro on a graphics card and as you say ati is more affordable but can someone tell me good one for games such as crysis.I dont really want to be replacing it in a year or two.

The main place that people around here look at is hardwareversand.de. Mostly the cheapest prices you are going to get mainly due to the lower VAT rate. The biggest drawback is that you can't use a credit card with them; you need to do a bank transfer. If you are unsure, there are a lot of reviews on this forum about them, mostly very positive.
    Elsewhere I'd consider would be ebuyer (I think you still get UK VAT with them). I'd mostly go to dabs, komplett or elara if I needed just a few bits.

The nVidia 460s are priced so well at the moment that they'd be the main card I'd consider above all others. But also the only nvidia card too! It should fit into your budget.
    Hi,Ive always though ndivia supplied the best cards but who am I to know.
    I have choosen the intel core i5 processor as I hear its good for gaming at 200 euro(havnt bought it yet though) but im lost on the motherboard.I dont really want to spend more than 150 euro on a graphics card and as you say ati is more affordable but can someone tell me good one for games such as crysis.I dont really want to be replacing it in a year or two.

The 460 is just about €150 in some places. nVidia vs ATI really varies from generation to generation. The ones you were looking at in the first post are pretty old by this stage.

• Advertisement

A tad over €650 shipped, and the best value rig out there at the moment:

HWVS260910.png

Hi yes thanks the nvidia 460 is in price range and is near latest.
    So I the the CPU as intel core i5 and graphics card as nvidia 460 if we agree with that.Now I need help with motherboards as I have no idea when it comes to them please show tell me what you think.

Hey solitaire is there a difference between my pc case and yours
    link to what im thinking of getting:

MS Tech Hornet Midi ATX Chassis
    The Hornet is a case that stands out from the rest of the crowd. With its elegant black curves and red highlighting it looks fantastic. Performance is superb too with excellent airflow, USB2.0, eSata and audio ports close to hand and 3 x 120mm fans pre-installed.prices 70 euro

The Hornet is fancier and slightly higher quality, the M4 is a much more modern layout (PSU on the bottom, extra fan mounts up top) and a good €30+ cheaper :P

for the case i have to suggest a cooler master HAF 922 as its definitely a great case

What part of "€650" didn't you get? :p

That site harewareverand.de is great its just the payment is annoying,you guys dont know of any other sites that do price like that.

Thanks solitaire for the info on the case saved me 50 euro,I just wanted one that had a sort of gaming look to it if you know what I mean but its fine.

What about this one instead? Also around €38 :)

You can always add some LED fans or CCFLs later... ;)

That site harewareverand.de is great its just the payment is annoying,you guys dont know of any other sites that do price like that.

HWV is about the best prices you will get. You can have good luck with the prices with ebuyer although you have to use google checkout.
    Amazon.co.uk can be mixed with good deals here and there although people were saying that they have weight restrictions now so you can't get certain items.
    There's also scan.co.uk. Great selection but their postage is dear enough.

Others I've used are dabs.ie - highly fluctuating prices and stock - good if you're not in a hurry and get a deal, UK company charges Irish VAT.
    komplett.ie - pretty good experiences overall, although their competitiveness changes across the seasons, free postage at the moment, Norwegian company with a centre here, charges Irish VAT.
    elara.ie (a bit dearer, but cheaper postage so good if you just need a few items; customer service is very good). Irish company.
    Finally, there's pixmania. Owned by PC World now - prices can be good or not good - I can't recommend them personally and they have a long trail of unhappy customers and their postage can be substantial when you have a PC load of stuff.

Can anyone find a asrock h55m/usb3,sockel 1156,matx for around 90.euro but not on warehouseverand.de

The only reason I specced it was because it wasn't ECS and it wasn't the lowest-end mobo there (decent onboard sound, USB3 and mostly solid caps all for a tad over €70?!). When most people talk about an LGA1156 mobo they usually think of dropping €95-125 on a GA-P55-USB3 or GA-P55A-UD3. Full ATX-size LGA1156 mobos are ridiculously overpriced :mad:

• Advertisement

Well is that motherboard good for gaming will pay 120 for a motherboard

I have increased my budget to 800 as I fell we are making an afforable gaming pc rather then a quality pc. I'm really unsure of the motherboard.I do want a good one. Intel core I5 seems fine for games like crysis right?the graphics card is fine.

Solitaire wrote: »
    What part of "€650" didn't you get? :p

my bad i thought he said he was willing to spend 70 on a case :o but if your budgets at 800 id definitely recommend getting a good case and psu as they will last you through a couple of builds

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

I have increased my budget to 800 as I fell we are making an afforable gaming pc rather then a quality pc. I'm really unsure of the motherboard.I do want a good one. Intel core I5 seems fine for games like crysis right?the graphics card is fine.
    The only difference between 650 and 800 will be an uprated graphics card and/or maybe a mobo with an extra PCIeX16 slot. Everything else is fine.

Then I'd upgrade mobo to the GA-P55-USB3 or maybe even the P55A if you really think you'll need SATA3 anytime this century, case to whatever you want (just beware of "gamer-looking" cases as their cooling is often rubbish!) and throw on a CM Hyper 212+ for CPU cooling duties and call it a day regardless of actual cost ;)

Hey,the p55a looks good espically with usb3 but is it a good gaming mobo.Since I have a very good CPU and dont want a alright mobo as i dont want it to be a sports car(inter core i5) on a bumpy road(P55A)

Are you sure its the best mobo for the job as this computer will be playing very high end games and I dont want it to be slow

The motherboard makes very little difference to the actual performance unless you're going very low end where they're slipping in old technology. It's more the colour of the road over it being bumpy or not.

Edit: Unless you were using multiple graphics cards.

so a P55A mobo, a NVIDIA 460 and a intel core i5 760 would be perfect??:confused:

hey is this mobo as good or better than the mobos you have suggested solitaire.
    Its more expensive but good reviews http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131620&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3899435&SID=skim1402X558040
    I hear thinks of overclocking and making the i5 760 for from 2.8ghz to 4ghz though not something to ask yet just pick the right motherboard once and for all.
    I have heard that you have multiple graphics cards which will increase gaming graphics performance so like would you for example buy two NVIDIA 460 or two diffenent kind but I wouldnt do that with the budget would just like to know.
    Thanks in advance

Advertisement