Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aberdeen Vs Rangers (12:45 SS4)

• 26-09-2010 12:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭

Always a hostile encounter, some would say there is more hatred involved in this game than the Old Firm matches offer.

Rangers have not won at Pittodrie in 4 seasons, and given the pace set by Celtic at the top of the SPL already this season, 3 points is a must for them.

Anyway, i'll probably chat to myself in this thread for a while! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

1-0 Aberdeen....

Shocking defending from Rangers, failing to hold their line properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

I put money on Aberdeen to win here. Lot of SPL fans I was talking too were confident of Aberdeen picking up a win here.

Le King wrote: »
    I put money on Aberdeen to win here. Lot of SPL fans I was talking too were confident of Aberdeen picking up a win here.

Always a tought game at Pittodrie, the fact we've not won up there for 4 years isnt a huge surprise.

"They only play four times a year" as Walter said all those years ago....now its only 2!

Eirebear wrote: »
    Always a tought game at Pittodrie, the fact we've not won up there for 4 years isnt a huge surprise.

"They only play four times a year" as Walter said all those years ago....now its only 2!

Although looking at the table they aren't exactly setting the league on fire. But the lads seemed fairly confident.

2-0 :mad:

• Advertisement

All kicking off...penalty Rangers, Aberdeen player lashed out after the decision....here we go!

2-1 Miller with the penalty, Naismith and Young booked for the afters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Come on the bears! Pull this one back lads. :p

HT 2-1

Theres more to come from this game i reckon, both teams having a go at eachother both in a football sense...and in a physical sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

ziggy wrote: »

:p Stonewaller mate.

2-2 Miller yet again.

GET INNNNNN! Miller for the hat-trick to keep the hoops quaking in their boots. ;)

Cracking game this.

Nice push on Weir there. His face told it all.
    :pac:

YES YES YES YES YES!

Jellyfish! :D

My money is gone now anyway.

That is the last time I bet against Rangers under Walter Smith.

Delighted!!!!!

Andy, Whats the Score?! Andy, Andy, Whats the score?! :D

Andy, Whats the Score?! Andy, Andy, Whats the score?! :D

My friend lives over in Aberdeen and this is the first spl match she's going to see. Delighted the 'deen are losing. Cracking game to go see mind...

• Advertisement

eZe^ wrote: »
    My friend lives over in Aberdeen and this is the first spl match she's going to see. Delighted the 'deen are losing. Cracking game to go see mind...

I honestly hate that team more than i could ever dream of hating Celtic, everything about them makes my blood boil.

Nice introduction to the SPL for your friend though...sadly its not all like this! ;)

I honestly hate that team more than i could ever dream of hating Celtic, everything about them makes my blood boil.

Nice introduction to the SPL for your friend though...sadly its not all like this! ;)

Any reason why? Other than the city is greyer than grey. :p

I'm not really. I just prefer them to Celtic, the Celtic/ Catholic Irish bandwagon makes me want to vomit. And while I'm sure over in Scotland they are both as bad as each other, the ignorance that Celtic breeds amongst so many Irish people really irks me, so I do get alot of pleasure from Walter Smith and his crew winning a few SPL titles. ;)

Any reason why? Other than the city is greyer than grey. :p

Nice little quote from Christopher Brookmyre
    "If Aberdeen is the "Silver City" then ****e is coppertone!"

I think the rivalry stems originally from the general Aberdeen/Glasgow rivalry, but was focussed on Rangers and Aberdeen when Neil Simpson effectively ended Ian Durrant's career with a horrible tackle, Aberdeen fans constantly singing about the Ibrox Disaster and there "Casuals" clashing with Rangers fans on numerous occasions.

There is a lot of bad blood between the clubs.

FT 2-3

Thats why we're Champions! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

FT 2-3

Thats why we're Champions! :D

Great result for you Eirebear, especially having been two down.

Miller simply unplayable at times this season. The complete striker you may say..........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Well Well a win against the sheep at the hovel about time to not so long ago we would never have come back from 2 down the defense worries me though shaky start to the season.
    But hey 3 points is three points
    And I for one am a very happy Bear :D:D

• Advertisement

Hahah, you're making it out like I have some sort of allegiance to Rangers here Ziggy. It's more that I hate when Johnny McGrath from down the road gives out to me for not loving Celtic even though I'm Irish, and ought to support THAT British team over any another. I'm not arse*, Rangers fans leave me be, and I respect that, thus, I prefer them to win than Celtic. Means I get less grief. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

GET INNNNNN! . ;)

Delighted!!!!!
    I'm not really. I just prefer them to Celtic ;)

:confused:

:confused:

Here, that's more to do with my friend being at her first live SPL match in Aberdeen. She supports the 'deen so being the cruel d*ckhead that I am, I decided to cheer on Rangers. No biggie mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Here, that's more to do with my friend being at her first live SPL match in Aberdeen. She supports the 'deen so being the cruel d*ckhead that I am, I decided to cheer on Rangers. No biggie mate.

;)

Ffs, woman and football really do not mix. All she got out of the game was 'the rangers goalie was fit, football hooligans are funny, overall a successful day'. hahahah

Advertisement