Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus from Heuston to Westland Row?

Options
  • 26-09-2010 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Would any of you kind Boardsies be able to advise me? I need to get from Heuston each Saturday morning at 9.45am to Westland Row by 10.25 am. Is there a bus route that I could use direct from Heuston?

If not, if I get the Luas to near O'Connell Street, could I get a bus from there? I know that it would be walkable from O'Connell Street, but I'll be doing this every Saturday & the weather may not always be kind!

PS I'll also need to get back from Westland Row to Heuston each Sat.

Thanks in advance from a grateful culchie :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Fishy1 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Would any of you kind Boardsies be able to advise me? I need to get from Heuston each Saturday morning at 9.45am to Westmoreland Street by 10.25 am. Is there a bus route that I could use direct from Heuston?

If not, if I get the Luas to near O'Connell Street, could I get a bus from there? I know that it would be walkable from O'Connell Street, but I'll be doing this every Saturday & the weather may not always be kind!

PS I'll also need to get back from Westmoreland Street to Heuston each Sat.

Thanks in advance from a grateful culchie :)

I don't know about a bus from Heuston but the Luas would be a very handy option. Jump off at Abbey Street and it would take you 5 minutes max to walk over to Westmoreland Street. A bus from O'Connell Street to Westmoreland Street wouldn't be worth your while at all. Its a very short walk.

You could get the 79 or 79A bus outside the station (the stop facing Steeven's Hospital), these go along the north quays then turn on to Dame Street and terminate at Westmoreland Street.

Some variants of the 90 also follow this route but with the Network Direct plan in process I'm not sure what the current situation is with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Thanks for the quick replies.

Am mortified that I wrote the wrong street name - meant to say Westland Row, not Westmoreland Street.

So sorry. Any further advice gratefully accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

you can get the Luas from Heuston to George's Dock, cross the Liffey at the pedestrian Seán O'Casey Bridge and walk straight down Lombard St to Westland Row. Less than 10 mins walk

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Chops80

stinkle wrote: »
    you can get the Luas from Heuston to George's Dock, cross the Liffey at the pedestrian Seán O'Casey Bridge and walk straight down Lombard St to Westland Row. Less than 10 mins walk

As someone who lives just around the corner from westland row, this is the route I take whenever coming over from Heuston.

• Advertisement

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to reply to my query. Will try the Luas to George's Dock option & see how I get on.

One last question, would this this route be considered a relatively safe one to walk?

Thanks again for all the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Chops80

It should be perfectly safe fishy, I've never seen anything to believe it could be to the contrary. Usually alot of people milling about that street as its v close to pearse dart, trinity college, 2 or 3 bars, ifsc, etc

Thanks so much Chops80. Will give it a try next time I'm up!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Alternatively Dublin Bus route 145 from Heuston to Nassau Street. Westland Row is around the corner.

Thaks Victor,
    I really appreciate that. Good to have another option!

Does the 145 leave from where the Luas leaves Heuston, or do I need to go out to the side where the taxis wait, to find the bus stop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

It goes from right beside the LUAS stop directly in front of the station.

That's great. Thanks for taking the time to reply. :)

Advertisement