Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United v Stoke City - 4pm - Match Thread - SS1

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

mars bar wrote: »
    What did Shreeves say about Fuller there? Loadsa noise in my house and didn't catch what he said...

Dislocated shoulder. Straight to hospital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Good game at the moment, both teams going for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

All
    Over
    the
    shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Getting nervy now.

Newcastle very very static.

Nice hit by Perch

Brutal lads....

Perch you wally.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Get In backed Stoke @ 20/1 betting in running

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

I don't believe it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Oh oh...

Knocked him off his Perch :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Bullet of a header.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,145 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Ouch! What a horrible way to concede and what a horrible time to concede it!

Fish that out of the net :D

Rubbish. Have not done a thing with the possession we have had. Really really shoddy performance

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Fish that out of the net :D

521056845_db7bef60e1_z.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

6mins :eek:

Nolan you TOOL

Oh that was close...

• Advertisement

6 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,145 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Oooo! Greatfrom Jonas there, Nolan should have done better!

OPENROAD wrote: »
    6mins :eek:

Fuller injury took a while

Jonas tackling his own player?!

Toothless stuff

Stoke don't deserve the win.

Shocking stuff. great weekend for the bookies. We were strolling in the first half. We strolled through the second half too, that being the problem.

lol, 1 shot on target for Stoke, two goals.

Stoke don't deserve the win.

More incisive team, hit the woodwork twice. Newcastle only dangerous in the last 10 mins. Absolutely massive opportunity missed for Newcastle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Fcuk. To be fair though, we were fcuking dismal in the second half. It took an equaliser to get us back in gear.

Perch a bit unlucky with that own goal.

Maybe didn't deserve to lose given the last 16 minutes of constant pressure but those are the breaks.

Jonas showing why he probably should start next week.

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    Fcuk. To be fair though, we were fcuking dismal in the second half. It took an equaliser to get us back in gear.

Perch a bit unlucky with that own goal.

Maybe didn't deserve to lose given the last 16 minutes of constant pressure but those are the breaks.

Jonas showing why he probably should start next week.

Fcuking carbon copy of the Blackpool game. too many nearlys, too many balls into heavily marked players. 0 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

M5 wrote: »
    Fcuking carbon copy of the Blackpool game. too many nearlys, too many balls into heavily marked players. 0 points

Surely a change of formation is required now. What exactly is Nolan's role?

Is he supposed to be getting back and helping out the midfield or run on to Carroll's knock downs and support him because he's doing fcuk all of the latter.

I think we should've went for it all in the last ten minutes. Take Routledge off and stuck Lovenkrands up there.

We looked clueless for a large portion of the second half. Ameobi made no difference at all.

We just looked sloppy as a unit and we need to suss it out quickly. I can only see us getting ripped apart by City next weekend. :(

That_Guy wrote: »
    M5 wrote: »
    Fcuking carbon copy of the Blackpool game. too many nearlys, too many balls into heavily marked players. 0 points[/QUOTE

Surely a change of formation is required now. What exactly is Nolan's role?

Is he supposed to be getting back and helping out the midfield or run on to Carroll's knock downs and support him because he's doing fcuk all of the latter.

I think we should've went for it all in the last ten minutes. Take Routledge off and stuck Lovenkrands up there.

We looked clueless for a large portion of the second half. Ameobi made no difference at all.

We just looked sloppy as a unit and we need to suss it out quickly. I can only see us getting ripped apart by City next weekend. :(

4:5:1 at home is not the way to go by the looks of it. But to be fair we have yet again been unfortunate to loose. Really making it difficult for ourselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Today was a real day for shouting at the telly. I dont know how many times i roared and screamed at kevin nolan to actually do something. Hughton left it way too late to make the changes. As soon as stoke starting to get the better of us in the second half we should have changed to 4-4-2 got ameobi in to help with the headers in the back. Nolan should be dropped as i really dont know what he does for us apart from take poor penalties. At least another year in the premier league newcastle dont change, i swear they have taken years off my life. And one more thing ryan taylor for right back, he may not be able to defend but lets face it neither can perch.......

B~

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Only saw the first half as I had to head off to college, slept on the way up, only to be greeted by a message saying "Killer of an own-goal"

I thought we gave away a last min own goal to draw the game, but to my fooking agony saw that we had lost it!

So much for my 2-0 prediction. Can't comment on the 2nd half as I didn't see it, but fúck me pint, my hatred for Stoke grows stronger.

Advertisement