Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting from UCD -> Drumcondra

Options
  • 26-09-2010 1:07pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am planning on driving from UCD to Drumcondra (Griffith Avenue) sometime this evening, around 6.00pm or so. The problem is, there are 3 games in Croke Park today, which finish up around 6.00pm, but I can't really avoid going at that time.

Normally, I would go from UCD along the coast road to the East Link, then make my way from the East Link to Clonliffe Road and turn right at Drumcondra, but that route would be madness today with Croke Park.

Which way would you recommend me to go? Through the city? Port Tunnel and get off and back on the motorway, heading towards Drumcondra?

Thanks. Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Which part of Drumcondra? What about East Link then Richmond Road?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Sorry I should have said - Griffith Avenue. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

Could try heading to the city, along the quays to turn north at church street, head up by the King's Inns and through Phibsboro, then keep right to go along Botanic road, the Mobhi road, and end up at the junction of the Ballymun road and Griffith avenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

I am planning on driving from UCD to Drumcondra (Griffith Avenue) sometime this evening, around 6.00pm or so. The problem is, there are 3 games in Croke Park today, which finish up around 6.00pm, but I can't really avoid going at that time.

Normally, I would go from UCD along the coast road to the East Link, then make my way from the East Link to Clonliffe Road and turn right at Drumcondra, but that route would be madness today with Croke Park.

Which way would you recommend me to go? Through the city? Port Tunnel and get off and back on the motorway, heading towards Drumcondra?

Thanks. Sorry if this is the wrong forum.
    There'll be a tiny attendance at Croke Park today, around 25,000 if not less.

You'll be fine using Richmond Road.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Thanks for the help. What about one of these two routes?

1. N11 to Stephen's Green, Kildare Street, Pearse Street, Past IFSC and Conolly, N. Strand Road, Annesley Bridge, Turn Left Onto Griffith Avenue

2. The same as above but using the East Link Bridge, turning right onto Annesley Bridge from East Wall Road.

Are those feasible, or are they too close to Croke Park - roads near Clonliffe Road may be busy, or closed, due to the game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

You really shouldn't have a problem but this should definitely keep you out of harms way.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=4066928

Just not you can't go right from Seville Place up the North Strand Road so you need to go the back streets.

Don't forget the ladies only play 30 mins a side so with a break and presentation it should be still over 5.30ish, as in Croke Park cleared.

Advertisement