Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sports online subscription

• 26-09-2010 1:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Does Sky or anybody else offer a Netflix/Hulu like service online for the sky sports channels and Espn and other sports channels?

Essentially to buy and to add to Hulu and Netflix to completely replace an actual TV subscription and licence.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,539 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Hi.

Does Sky or anybody else offer a Netflix/Hulu like service online for the sky sports channels and Espn and other sports channels?

Essentially to buy and to add to Hulu and Netflix to completely replace an actual TV subscription and licence.

There's Sky Player:

http://skyplayer.sky.com/vod/page/default/home.do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

So the pub it is then for all sports?

They only allow per show rentals for all the proper channels online unless you are a tv subscriber, so its not good enough.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,539 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

So the pub it is then for all sports?

They only allow per show rentals for all the proper channels online unless you are a tv subscriber, so its not good enough.

There's Sky Player only packages available that don't need the TV component

http://skyplayer.sky.com/aboutskyplayer/online-tv-packages.html

Oh... what I saw excluding the main sky sports channels.

But for 50 euro I would be cheaper going pub.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

One part in the small print that may be of interest is that you can use up to 4 computers and one "other" (Xbox 360 or TV streaming device). So if you have a few mates you could split the cost 5 ways and only pay a tenner. :D

• Advertisement

nice thinking - i might give that a go.

One part in the small print that may be of interest is that you can use up to 4 computers and one "other" (Xbox 360 or TV streaming device). So if you have a few mates you could split the cost 5 ways and only pay a tenner. :D

Won't quite work, there's no simultaneous multiple logins possible.

hhm ye good point - is that tested tho?

Maybe they only let one instance of an account be logged in at a time - but I doubt that enforce that?

hhm ye good point - is that tested tho?

Maybe they only let one instance of an account be logged in at a time - but I doubt that enforce that?

It's enforced.

Ah well - pub it is then for any sport I wanna see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Spear wrote: »
    Won't quite work, there's no simultaneous multiple logins possible.

Found that out the hard way at the weekend, right before the whole service crashed under the strain of the Ryder Cup and the Arsenal v Chelsea match. Tried to watch both streams at the same time and it rejected the 2nd login. Pub it'll be for me too, no point in the service if anytime there's actually something you want to watch on it it crashes! They have an apology up on their blog: http://blogs.skyplayer.sky.com/announcements/Post:bad8a112-43de-4fca-92b5-7309bbb615a7

Also if you use it on the web it registers you as a new device everytime. It only allows 4 different devices per month, so if you want to watch it more than 4 times a month you can't. :mad: Because I lost internet connection during viewing, I got a new IP which the player sees as new device. So I'm locked out of it now I until the end of the month. What a farce!

Advertisement