Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for something to do for the winter - Castlebar

Options
  • 26-09-2010 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭

The Gaa season is over me and looking for something to do in or around the Castlebar areafor the boring winter season. Would be fairly active and consider anything!

Anybody got any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

What about squash? I think a lot of clubs are starting up their tournaments for the winter around now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭alex73

What about squash? I think a lot of clubs are starting up their tournaments for the winter around now.

Anything around Ballina?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I'm not sure about Ballina but there is one in Killala

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Not a bad idea will look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Tag rugby every tues at the rugby club 7pm. all welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

What about squash? I think a lot of clubs are starting up their tournaments for the winter around now
    No squash courts anymore in Castlebar AFAIK, you could try racquetball, local competitions throughout the winter and 2 courts in An Sportlann and one in De La Salle

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭ddef

what are yis talkin about.
    you've got drinkin'....fightin'....shmokin'.
    anything else yer just being greedy like

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

ddef wrote: »

Yaw

Anyway, you could look at the bootcamps, the fit4life in Castlebar or Claremorris.
    Also the astro turf there in Castlebar, see if they know anyone looking for someone to play.

Squash in Westport also there at the Sports Complex.

Circuit training in WEstport Leisure Centre on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Donal Og O Baelach

By Jesus when I was a young buck we wouldn't be looking for anything to do for the winter - we had enough work to keep us going. Go on out and chop some logs or dig a few drains for yourself.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

By Jesus when I was a young buck we wouldn't be looking for anything to do for the winter - we had enough work to keep us going. Go on out and chop some logs or dig a few drains for yourself.

And if he lives in the town with no drains to be dug or logs to be cut as he has oil heating then what??

If you can't give the OP some advice its probably best to walk away from the keyboard. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Donal Og O Baelach

yop wrote: »
    And if he lives in the town with no drains to be dug or logs to be cut as he has oil heating then what??

If you can't give the OP some advice its probably best to walk away from the keyboard. :rolleyes:

Well, seeing as you have asked me the question, there is plenty to do in the towns too. Sweeping the leaves, meals on wheels, helping out the old folk, shooting all those bestard crows...

And by the way - just because you dont agree with it, my advice is no less valuable than any other.

Well, seeing as you have asked me the question, there is plenty to do in the towns too. Sweeping the leaves, meals on wheels, helping out the old folk, shooting all those bestard crows...

And by the way - just because you dont agree with it, my advice is no less valuable than any other.

Nope, still less valuable. Still no use to someone who was involved in sports who wants to keep active.
    Now shooting crows, while possibly illegal, wont keep him fit I would suspect. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 36 caseyjones01

is there any indoor soccer in castlebar

I know there used to be games down at St Geralds there so maybe drop in there and find out.
    Westport also maybe an option? Christian Brothers school there is a gym, I played there last year a few times so maybe ask there also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

ddef wrote: »

Well thats a given in Castlebar on the weekends, but im trying to find something to do during the week :P

Advertisement