Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vinny Byrne interviews

• 26-09-2010 3:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I am doing a history project for my leaving cert on vinny byrne and i really need to find some interviews featuring him. i have been looking but cannot find any and i would really appreciate it if anybody could tell me where to find them! Also, i am his great-grand daughter and i would find an interview with him particularly interesting as i never had the chance to get to know him.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

moved from history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rebelalltheway

What do u mean brianthebard???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭SportsGreatest

What do u mean brianthebard???

He moved it from the History forum to the Leaving Cert forum.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Go visit the National Archives. They have them.

**Actually it seems they have part of them online - how hard did you look?
    http://www.nationalarchives.ie/topics/1916/WS423/1.html

I remember years ago seeing a part of an interview that I'm almost 100% sure was with him and it was on RTE so they might be worth a bell too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rebelalltheway

spurious wrote: »
    Go visit the National Archives. They have them.

**Actually it seems they have part of them online - how hard did you look?
    http://www.nationalarchives.ie/topics/1916/WS423/1.html

I remember years ago seeing a part of an interview that I'm almost 100% sure was with him and it was on RTE so they might be worth a bell too.

Yea i found this in the national archives but i need the rest of it. I'll check out rte though thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yea i found this in the national archives but i need the rest of it. I'll check out rte though thanks

I think it may have been a special on the Old IRA. I'll ask my brother does he remember what the programme was. All I remember was all these old lads talking about 'plugging' people.

**edit See this thread - one poster mentions the documentary which may be the one I'm thinking of.

Advertisement