Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wolves - Villa (2.05 KO)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

JPA wrote: »
    You're very angry. I'm sure GH is all too aware of the problems in the team but it won't change in a week.
    I wasnt just referring to this particular game, MON was guilty of this more than anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,125 ✭✭✭Patser

Downing's effectively playing Centre-mid now, so if we want to try win it bring on Ireland for him or NRC. If not then for Heskey.

If you don't think Ireland's up for it, then bring on Bannon.

Edit:

Cueller's been brilliant, no fuss just clear it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Esse85 wrote: »
    How sh1t are Villa when they take the lead, they couldnt control a game against an U12 team.
    Why do we always retreat, sit back and invite teams onto us, if I can fcuking see it why cant the top guys see it.

its going to take time to fix these bad habits we've picked up over the past 2 1/2 years, but theyll be fixed. these are a team of guys who were coached and managed to kick the ball up the pitch and invite the opposition onto them time after time, itll take ged and his team at least a season to train it out of them. i think in the future we'll see a villa side who take the lead and then stroke the ball around, keeping possession instaed of giving it back all the time

I wasnt just referring to this particular game, MON was guilty of this more than anyone.

its not that he didnt notice it, its that that was how he wanted the team to play. theres no chance that it wasnt intentional - it happened every single game so the players were being told to kick it long when we were in the lead, ive no doubt

Petrov off :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

get in:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Damnation.

Villa crap but win anyway, still get used to that under Ged. ;)

HESKEY!!!:eek:

Froma Warnock cross!

Now i see why we're all not premiership managers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Hah, Heskey scores!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

HESKEY!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Helix wrote: »
    its not that he didnt notice it, its that that was how he wanted the team to play. theres no chance that it wasnt intentional - it happened every single game so the players were being told to kick it long when we were in the lead, ive no doubt

I doubt they were told to kick it long, more like they weren't told what to do at all.

Get in Heskey.

Now, PLEASE see the game out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

****ING BRILLIANT!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Ivanhoe! FTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Heskey to get 20 this season?

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Heskey to the rescue! :p

I doubt they were told to kick it long, more like they weren't told what to do at all.

no chance, it absolutely HAD to be the gameplan. you dont do something like that time after time for 2-3 years without it being intentional

anyway, what a header from the lump! absolutely fantastic goal! jesus, imagine ged made a useful player out of him....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Big Mick is not pleased

A draw was a fair result, but I'm thrilled with 3 points.

Cuellar MOTM, he was excellent at the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Meh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Good result and we were lucky.Villa up to 5th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

Yesss!!! 3 pts and a great header from Heskey.
    I love it, UTV!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Great 3 points that even though it was very harsh on Wolves.

That'll do, since for a lot of that game we were muck.

Heskey a tower in defence at the end too. Is there anything this man can't do, player of the season so far!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Petrov may as well be still in the dressing room.

This is awful.

Take off Heskey, bring on Ireland. Play Gabby up top and play Ireland behing him with Ash back on the wing.
    LOL.

eagle eye wrote: »
    LOL.
    Report me to the mods again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

fantastic 3 points here, especially in a local derby.
    Whatever Houllier is feeding Heskey keep it up

no chance, it absolutely HAD to be the gameplan. you dont do something like that time after time for 2-3 years without it being intentional

anyway, what a header from the lump! absolutely fantastic goal! jesus, imagine ged made a useful player out of him....

I disagree. Very little ball work was done with MON so they were not comfortable in possession.

Anyway, good win in what was heading for a dull 1-1.

Report me to the mods again.

don't mind the bitter Blackburn fan, Villa take their best players and knock them out of every cup going, it's to be expected.

Anyway a Lucky 3pts today, Ged has loads of work to do starting with central midfield i feel. I genuinely fear going to Spurs next week, they'll rip Villa to shreds inthe middle.

Cuellar was solid today, deserves a run at CB next to Collins.

Sidwell is consistent at least, another booking after being on the pitch for 5 minutes.

I disagree. Very little ball work was done with MON so they were not comfortable in possession.

Exactly. That would make it intentional wouldnt it? Unless you think mon wanted possession play but just forgot to have the players train for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭leedsfan88

How did Sidwell stay on the field, that was an awful tackle, didn't touch the ball and battered the wolves player, absolutely disgraceful decision.

Exactly. That would make it intentional wouldnt it? Unless you think mon wanted possession play but just forgot to have the players train for it?

No, he left the players to their own devices.
    Anyway, pointless argument.

you honestly reckon that mon gave the players absolutely no tactical instructions at all? just picked the team, told them what position to play in and left them to their own devices?

im astonished you could possibly think anything resembling that:confused:

bobs-stupid.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Who was the big black lad up front for us today? Who cares, what a header from him.

you honestly reckon that mon gave the players absolutely no tactical instructions at all? just picked the team, told them what position to play in and left them to their own devices?

im astonished you could possibly think anything resembling that:confused:

MON was known for not working on ball play and technical aspects in training, he had faith in the ability of the players. It is my belief that the players hooved as a counsequence of his training or lack of. Other aspects of tactics would have been worked on like get the ball wide, get it in the box but the actual nitty gritty of how these things were achieved were not specified.

theres no chance at all that hoofing was the players decision

oftentimes mon was screaming from the touchline for the defenders to launch it. his teams played the same way at celtic and leicester, its his tactics. get the ball, hoof it up top as fast as possible to the big front man/wonders

now you know i didnt rate mon, but theres no manager on the planet idiotic enough to completely ignore ball play in training if he had it as a feature of his plans. mon did not trust the players to be able to do it themselves, he simply didnt want them to do it and had that ability coached out of them

the way youre going on youre making o'neill sound like he had the ability of an under 8's girls manager

A couple of weeks before the season started Dunne went to MON asking could they do more ballwork, MON responded by saying, "get your trainers back on lads, Ye're doing more laps" or something to that effect.

yeah, coz mon didnt believe ballwork was important since it didnt feature in his gameplan

youre saying that it DID feature, but he didnt think there was any point in training it

my point is that he didnt think it was worth training coz it didnt suit his tactics, which have always been hoof it

• Advertisement

A couple of weeks before the season started Dunne went to MON asking could they do more ballwork, MON responded by saying, "get your trainers back on lads, Ye're doing more laps" or something to that effect.

Where did you hear that JPA?

If there's any truth to it then it's a revealing insight into the Brian Clough wannabee's mindset. This **** was out of date by the time Cloughie relegated Forest back in 1993 ffs.

Where did you hear that JPA?

If there's any truth to it then it's a revealing insight into the Brian Clough wannabee's mindset. This **** was out of date by the time Cloughie relegated Forest back in 1993 ffs.

iirc a good bit came out about how the players hated training under the mon regieme after he left

"bibs and cones rubbish" i seem to remember it being referred to, but that may have been paraphrased?

either way, the footballing was coached out of them from the looks of it

Advertisement