Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

internet acronyms

Options
  • 26-09-2010 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭

Can you guys put up a sticky somewhere on what all of it means?

FYP and FTW and ikwm and so on and so on. Also those ones that use greater than and less than signs.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Yeah. I wish there were a thanks but no thanks button. Way way too many. I think I'll live in ignorance. I thought the list would have twenty at the most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Urban Dictionary.

Just search there when you come across one that you don't understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

If you use Firefox you can simply highlight the acronym/term you don't understand, right click and select 'search Google for "acronym/term"'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

In fairness, sometimes the onus is on the audience to provide the cop on to find out for themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

IN fairness sometimes the onus is on the writer to use English.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

don't learn what they are. nobody wants those ridiculous acronyms becoming part of their vernacular.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

don't learn what they are. nobody wants those ridiculous acronyms becoming part of their vernacular.

Quite Fuсking True.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Aw, but RTFM can be so useful! :(

Advertisement