Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working Holiday Visa question

Options
  • 26-09-2010 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

Hey folks. I plan on heading to Melbourne for the year at least and will be booking a one way flight for early November tomorrow. I have a couple of quick questions relating to the WHV application. Has anyone ever been turned down for it? I definitely qualify, but i was just wondering if there are a limited amount of WHV's issued per year or what? The reason I ask is that Im thinking of applying for the WHV and also want to book the flight tomorrow while the flights are still available for early Nov, as i want to get out there asap. Just hope I wont be left with a flight and no visa!

Cheers! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,353 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's not hard to qualify, and i've never heard of a refusal (for a 1st WHV)

btw, if you want to get here asap, you could easily be here by the weekend.
    visa flights etc takes an afternoon to organise

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Undertow

Thanks very much for the reply, thats put my mind at ease somewhat! :) One more thing, how long does it generally take for the Visa to be issued?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 bourgeois

Undertow wrote: »
    Thanks very much for the reply, thats put my mind at ease somewhat! :) One more thing, how long does it generally take for the Visa to be issued?

I applied for my visa and got it confirmed within 4 hours. Max it might take is 6 days-generally you'll know within 24 hours.

You apply online to the immi.gov.au website and they email you your visa when successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Undertow

bourgeois wrote: »
    I applied for my visa and got it confirmed within 4 hours. Max it might take is 6 days-generally you'll know within 24 hours.

You apply online to the immi.gov.au website and they email you your visa when successful.

I just got it confirmed within 2hrs! :D Flight booked for November, Im ready to go. Melbourne, lets be havin ya! :D

Advertisement