Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken electrical toy

Options
  • 26-09-2010 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Hi all. My four year old recieved a birthday present from friends. It didn't work from out of the box. My question is, if i know where they got it, could i get another one without having to ask friends for receipt back etc...?
    Thanks all.;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭cml387

If it's a reputable shop,if you have the original pacakging to demonstrate that it's new,if it's not obviously damaged but an electrical fault,and you are looking for a replacement or repair you may have luck.

TBH if I gave a present and it was faulty I'd prefer to know so that the recipient could get a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Ask the person for the receipt. It will be alot easier in the long run. You may run into trouble if they don't agree to take it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭crazybaldhead

I had this issue last Christmas with a toy for my daughter. It was purchased in Smyths, and I bought it back and got a replacement with no hassle.

Just explained the situation that it was received as a gift and had no receipt for it.

No problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Cheers all for the replies. I'll give it a try tomorrow and tell you how i got on.;)

Advertisement