Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help on what Broadband to get???? (Carlow Town)

• 26-09-2010 4:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭

Hello well informed forumers.

We are currently in a little bit of a debacle. My 4 friends and I who are staying in Southern Gardens in Carlow need internet. However we have no idea where to start.

Preferably cheapish with no limits. We have looked at UPC, but its 40 quid a month. :o

Also is there installation costs involved with all companies?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

No such thing as broadband with no limits - they all have acceptable usage policies.

If you're looking for broadband for fairly heavy downloading, then UPC is your best bet, assuming it is in your area. Once you keep below 250GB upload/download a month, you'll be fine.

You'll be hard pushed to get cheaper than €40 a month - if it's being split between five of you it's less than €10 a month each! Your only other options would be DSL (Eircom, Vodafone, Imagine etc.) but you need a phoneline for that on which you pay €26 a month for line rental alone.

There may be wireless in your area too but they tend to have very low usage allowances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You won't do better than UPC if it's available, for speed, price and cap. If you think €40 a month is a lot (€8 each), then you might as well stop looking now and resign yourselves to having no broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭jonny_b1

As a previous UPC customer(no service at my new address) I would highly recommend them. Stay away from imagine and their wimax ****e too,150€ install before ya even start.

UPC offer a great service for price. My Eircom "upto" 7MB is 42 a month and I'm lucky to get 4MB at 4AM Plus a 40GB cap,come on!!

Advertisement