Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Controller Problem

• 26-09-2010 4:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My wireless control pad wont connect to my 360,it turns on but the green lights just flash and nothing happens.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to remedy this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭Mr. Gruff

In between the shoulder buttons there is a small, white, unmarked (if i remember correctly) circular button. This is the synchronise button. There is a corresponding button on the front of your xbox if you look closely. Turn both the xbox and the controller on, and push and hold both buttons simultaneously. The lights on both your xbox and controller will flash in unison and you're ready to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Hi,

My wireless control pad wont connect to my 360,it turns on but the green lights just flash and nothing happens.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to remedy this problem?

Just resync them both by pressing both sync buttons (on the conroller and console).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Thanks for the replys but I've already tried that and have had no joy.

Don't suppose you have a play and charge kit around the house?
    When connected by the cable, my controllers automatically synch to my friends' xboxes. It might be worth trying to borrow one off a friend or something, they're fairly common (You can pick up a Game own brand one for about 15 euro i believe, and they're a pretty good investment anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Thanks for the advice folks,got a lend of the play n charge kit from the fella nextdoor,job done!

• Advertisement

Glad I could help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

your rf board has bit the dust
    gunna need replacing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭cython

your rf board has bit the dust
    gunna need replacing

Great post when the OP already posted the below :rolleyes:
    Thanks for the advice folks,got a lend of the play n charge kit from the fella nextdoor,job done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

cython wrote: »
    Great post when the OP already posted the below :rolleyes:
    I'd imagine that an RF board is something to do with wireless controllers, which wouldn't be necessary if you connect with a play n' charge kit. From what I've read online, if the RF board was fecked, then the console lights wouldn't be working. Not sure why it wasn't syncing, though

Anyway, point is, nobody likes a smart arse. The poster was just trying to help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭cython

Healium wrote: »
    I'd imagine that an RF board is something to do with wireless controllers, which wouldn't be necessary if you connect with a play n' charge kit. From what I've read online, if the RF board was fecked, then the console lights wouldn't be working. Not sure why it wasn't syncing, though

Anyway, point is, nobody likes a smart arse. The poster was just trying to help

Play and charge kit doesn't take the place of the wireless communication when used, hence why the play and charge kit can't be used to plug a wireless controller into a PC like a wired one can be connected, rather you need the receiver unit. It does seem to help in getting a controller to sync, I'll grant you, but the connection is still via the wireless.

I'm not sure why it wasn't syncing either, but I don't see how a doom and gloom post like the one I pointed out was exactly helpful after the OP said they had resolved their issue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement