Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to post embedded video

Options
  • 26-09-2010 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to post an embedded video to the Jazz & Blues forum but all I'm getting is a blank message. Tried Firefox, IE and Chrome but the results are the same. Checked all my user options and nothing seems amiss. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I presume you're trying to add a Youtube video? If so, instructions for posting Youtube videos can be found here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

I know how to post YouTube videos. The problem is that the post isn't showing up on boards.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I've just fixed that for you. This is what you posted:

[noparse]
    [/noparse]

whereas all you needed to post is this;

[noparse]
    [/noparse]

You just copy the code from the url, rather than clicking on the embed button on Youtube. The link I posted gives detailed instructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Thanks. I guess that's what you get from assuming that you know instead of reading the detailed instructions.

Advertisement