Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gorillaz concert change of date - can I get a refund?

Options
  • 26-09-2010 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Hi

I bought tickets for the Gorillaz concert some months ago and it has since been changed to a date in November. The problem is that I am not in the country on the re-scheduled date!

Because they have changed the date, can I get a refund?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Hi

I bought tickets for the Gorillaz concert some months ago and it has since been changed to a date in November. The problem is that I am not in the country on the re-scheduled date!

Because they have changed the date, can I get a refund?

where did you get the tickets from, was it ticketmaster?

If so, they have their policy on date changes stated on their web site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Generally it's tickets valid for new date or you can get a refund.

Details for the Gorillaz date change oare on the TM site:

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/h/help.html?tm_link=tm_ql_3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Worth noting that if you paid over the odds for a ticket (i.e from a tout) that you'll only ever get the face value of the ticket in the event of a cancellation or reschedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

BrianD wrote: »
    Worth noting that if you paid over the odds for a ticket (i.e from a tout) that you'll only ever get the face value of the ticket in the event of a cancellation or reschedule.
    If you bought from a tout and they were originally bought on CC and a gig is cancelled then AFAIK it is refunded to the CC.

The original buyer might also get a letter if it is rescheduled and cancel them to get a refund.

I have had the offer to cancel rescheduled gigs. Also a mate had a gig cancelled and they asked him to post the tickets in, or go to the ticketmaster HQ to hand them in -he asked if he had to bother, could they not just cancel them -and they did and refunded the CC.

Advertisement