Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kebab Shops Portlaoise

Options
  • 26-09-2010 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

Aren't there only two: Abrakebra and Laois Kebab House?

I've only eaten from the Laois Kebab House and was happy enough with it, a tad overpriced for what you get and the meat can be of poor, leathery quality sometimes. The flavouring sauces they use are delicious though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Can't stand them myself, but i have a friend who always swore that Zam Zam's was the best for Kebab's

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Zam Zam's were the business for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

Never been to Zam Zam's, may give them a try next time I dare to venture out!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Bigtoe107

Lazizza also do a very good kebab

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭contentking

Tried Laois Kebab House and Abrakebra. Laois Kebab House is terrible, on two occasions, I found thick dark hair strands on my chips. First time I thought it wouldn't happen again, urgh! Will never eat there again. Abrakebra do a nice one in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Have only sampled Abrakebra and it was dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

As a kebab con....cona...coni...lover, I heartily recommend Zam Zam. Laois Kebab House is absolutely revolting as is Abra. Francesco's comes a close second to ZZ but the kebab is much smaller.

Also, havent tried that new place next to Portlaoise Chinese. Anyone been there yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Zam Zam are the best, abara are an insult to the word kebab to be honest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Abra did a decent impression of a Burrito last time I was in, but I'm well aware of the state of their Kebabs, no chance of me going down that road again.

• Advertisement

**Vai** wrote: »
    Also, havent tried that new place next to Portlaoise Chinese. Anyone been there yet?

Istanbul. Yes, just tried it recently and was great. Huge kebabs!
    Augmerson wrote: »
    Abra did a decent impression of a Burrito last time I was in, but I'm well aware of the state of their Kebabs, no chance of me going down that road again.

Their "attempt" at Mexican food is abominable. But that's different matter altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

I have great memories of walking up the Moutrath road last August drunk out of my mind eating a sloppy chicken tika kebab from Zam Zams..and loving it!

All those nights walking up to the flat with a trail of kebab behind us :D

And Onur on the way with a stack of pizza, those were the days!

Its many a morning i've woken up nursing a hangover only to find a half consumed kebab nestled in the bed alongside me.

There's also that weird need in the drunk mans mind to bring a can or half finished pint to bed with him, just in case you might reaise you can fit a bit more in or wakeup thirsty mid-coma!

**Vai** wrote: »
    And Onur on the way with a stack of pizza, those were the days!

Those stacks often provided food for 15-50 people for the next 48 hours of partying before someone managed to get down to Abrakebabra for a taco chop and chip buttie!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Zam Zam are the nicest kebabs in Portlaoise by a mile!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Vald4844

Veles wrote: »
    Whats the nicest kebab to be found in Portlaoise?
    Abra main st , under new owners food is great now . Yum yum .

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Vald4844 wrote: »

First post alert!!

Vald4844 wrote: »

Ha ha, a kebab from abra.........no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I've never actually had a kebab.

I don't know whether to be :o or :eek: or :).........
    am I missing out?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭laois gael

Golden Grill do a nice chicken one not very exciting but nice chicken and fresh salad with good tasting sauce..mmm I'm hungry now

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭s14driftking

i was on the toilet for a day after one ffrom the place across from donies on main street

Steve_o wrote: »
    Zam Zam are the nicest kebabs in Portlaoise by a mile!!
    i was on the toilet for a day after one ffrom the place across from donies on main street

I've stopped eating kebab's thanks to the quality, or lack there of, on offer in Portlaoise.

Mick do I have news for you! I was the same after Zam Zam changed owners but I recently tried Laziza. Absolutely delicious kebabs, try it u wont be sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 abra portlaoise

Hey guys my name is john im the new manager in ABRA portlaoise, i have seen there are some negitive comments about ABRA Portlaoise and i would like to invite those who have had a negitive experiance to please contact me via email abraportlaoise@hotmail.com with your login name and a contact number as i would like to offer you a complimentary kebab meal to show you how much better quality the food is since we took over in november, i would also like to tell you about some of our great new deals like ''kidz eat free and our spicy meal deal taco chips and drink for just €4.95'' T&C APPLY. We also have a new Delivery service available from 5pm-12pm monday to friday call us on 057-8678993

Kind Regards
    John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Maca261

The Kebabs from Kusadasi Turkish Kebabs on main street are the real thing definitely worth a visit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭joe_dunne

hmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭s14driftking

Hey guys my name is john im the new manager in ABRA portlaoise, i have seen there are some negitive comments about ABRA Portlaoise and i would like to invite those who have had a negitive experiance to please contact me via email abraportlaoise@hotmail.com with your login name and a contact number as i would like to offer you a complimentary kebab meal to show you how much better quality the food is since we took over in november, i would also like to tell you about some of our great new deals like ''kidz eat free and our spicy meal deal taco chips and drink for just €4.95'' T&C APPLY. We also have a new Delivery service available from 5pm-12pm monday to friday call us on 057-8678993

Kind Regards
    John
    tbh your place should have a curfew and be closed at 9 o clock of a weekend nite the amount of assualts and fights that have happened here lately is unreal. its the place to go in town now if u want a fight hopefully something is done about it soon

• Advertisement

tbh your place should have a curfew and be closed at 9 o clock of a weekend nite the amount of assualts and fights that have happened here lately is unreal. its the place to go in town now if u want a fight hopefully something is done about it soon

Yes of course because its the kebabs and taco fries that are causing people to fight. In no way could be the all the booze they have in their systems from the pubs and clubs:rolleyes:

Advertisement