Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best mortgage deals?

• 26-09-2010 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

My fiancé and I are looking to buy a house, she is the breadwinner at the min and has a very stable job. Therefore will be doing it all on her own.. we have 35k saved, we are putting an offer in at 15k below the asking price of 185k. Just wondering if it is possible to get a mortgage of 250k because the house needs a good bit of work or can you only get what the house is worth and then get a loan for the rest? Also which is the best bank/BS for a mortgage at the min, we're thinking ebs because both our families are with them but no other reason really! Are all banks the same price for the mortgage, prob looking for a 5 year fixed and hopefully things will be better by then...!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

If I were you I would be putting in a much lower offer and you will not have much chance of getting the 250 for a house worth 185

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭homerjk

We were in a similar situation and the Banks wouldnt even give us an extra thousand to paint the place. We tried the main 3 (AIB, BOI & EBS). AIB & BOI more or less laughed us out of it. EBS kind of said they might as long as we could provide extensive plans and lists from architects, builders etc as to what we were going to do. It was going to cost us the best part of two grand to gather all this so we said it wasnt worth it considering we didnt even own the house and went back to looking at house that didnt need renovation.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭daithi09

yeah I thought as much, well we can just get a loan after anyway. House is pretty much ready to move into so except for us to put our stamp on it. Was just wondering and thanks for clearing that up.!

Advertisement