Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Criminal Record

Options
  • 26-09-2010 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I was recently caught urinating in public, i'm presuming im going to get fined but does this mean i will have a criminal record?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

depends on previous past - and if you are nice and dont come to the attention of gardai between now and the court case - if you are lucky - plead guilty and ask the judge for probation act (and a contribution to garda fund) - first offence....you may get no criminal conviction.

if you plead guilty and judge doesnt like the look of you (or you have a previous criminal history) ... you may get a conviction for public order offence.

the second one is unlikely but that all depends on you.

my advice is to save a bit of money every week till the hearing is on - plead guilty and hope the judge is in a good mood.... dress neatly and maybe talk to the garda before the case ask him if he could ask the judge for a probation order and offer to make a contribution to the garda benovelant fund

NOTE: THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE - JUST MY OPINION

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Thebeibhinnol

Thanks for the reply, i'm sick with worry!

I'm just afraid if i get a criminal record then that will ruin all my chances of going on a J1 summer visa!

I was very polite to the garda and I have never been in trouble with the gardai before, i'll literally wash their cars if it means avoiding a record.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭detective

If it was recent then maybe you won't even get summonsed? For me it all depends on whether the scene of the crime was out of sight in a dark alleyway or was right bang on the broken white line of the town's main thoroughfare!!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭syd barrett

yo man, sorry for random email, i have been tryin to research the j1 and criminal record thing, was in wit usit today and still waitin for them to get back to me, i got fined for possesion of cannabis 7 years ago and was had to go to the embassy to get a holidayt visa for the states last year, it was grand, got in no bother, but like yerself wanna do the j1 and am unsure as to whether i will be granted one

Advertisement