Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fas placement service office

Options
  • 26-09-2010 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

guys i need your help , ive to go to fas placement service office, the addres is ISLAND HOUSE ,CATHEDERAL SQ, GALWAY. i dont know where that is, ive googled maps but no hope, all that comes up are hotels , b and b's etc..in one map its of down by marys st, then i go to where the cathederal is as in nuns island. where is it??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm fairly sure it's at the bottom of the Cathedral parking lothere, facing the parked cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭apoeiguq3094y

Think Biko is right. Its the 2/3 story stone building on the canal facing onto the car park. FAS, NUIG and the county library all have offices in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

Think Biko is right. Its the 2/3 story stone building on the canal facing onto the car park. FAS, NUIG and the county library all have offices in there.
    would that be the building thats on the left as you drive down the one way from cathedral same way to the poor clares ?

cats.life wrote: »
    would that be the building thats on the left as you drive down the one way from cathedral same way to the poor clares ?

No, its before you start onto the 1way down to the poor clares.
    Theres a community outreach office in the building you're talking about, but the FAS one is in the one before that. If you walk from NUIG or wards corner store towards teh cathedral, then turn right down by the 3 new (and unused) bus stops, along the canal. There's a few benches and nice green area. The big carpark is on your left. The Fas office is the building on your right.
    http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=swc35fg7bpdj&scene=53758922&lvl=1&sty=b

I've circled it in the attached.

No, its before you start onto the 1way down to the poor clares.
    Theres a community outreach office in the building you're talking about, but the FAS one is in the one before that. If you walk from NUIG or wards corner store towards teh cathedral, then turn right down by the 3 new (and unused) bus stops, along the canal. There's a few benches and nice green area. The big carpark is on your left. The Fas office is the building on your right.
    http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=swc35fg7bpdj&scene=53758922&lvl=1&sty=b

I've circled it in the attached.
    thank you so much for doing that for me ,asking on galway thread was the last resort .thought i knew galway as im living here 46yrs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

cats.life wrote: »
    thank you so much for doing that for me ,asking on galway thread was the last resort .thought i knew galway as im living here 46yrs.

No worries. I'm in a building on nun's island, and we constantly have people wandering in looking for the FAS office. It's not well signed and the address is a bit ambiguous.

No worries. I'm in a building on nun's island, and we constantly have people wandering in looking for the FAS office. It's not well signed and the address is a bit ambiguous.
    they should put up a foto of mary harney with new hair do then peolpe will know where it is:D;)

Advertisement