Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Satriani - Vicar Street 16th October

Options
  • 26-09-2010 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

Seen him last time he came here, about two years ago. Great gig, all the better that I was 17 at the time and didn't get ID'd. Going again this time around, should be a good night.

Details - October 16th, a Saturday. Time given as 20:30. Tickets an expensive 40 quid.

Anyone heading to this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 XYZ GUY

this guy is great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

XYZ GUY wrote: »
    this guy is great

+1.

Will you be attending?

This video was recorded the last time Satriani played Dublin. 23rd of May 2008, to be precise. Just to get you folks in the mood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

As undoubted a technical master as Satriani is, I was absolutely bored to tears at his last show in Vicar Street. If dazzling fretboard mechanics are your thing then be prepared to be astounded, but I could not feel anything in the guy's playing.

FWIW I saw Steve Vai live twice and he was different class, in a world of his own IMHO. Guess I musn't be a Satch fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I started a thread on this a while back (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055915464)

Can't wait to see him. Himself and Paul Gilbert are my favourites out of the instrumental "shredders". The music is actually enjoyable to listen to rather than just a load of guitar wánkery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DHYNZY

40euro is far too expensive, shame because I'd love to see him. Id pay 40 for Vai, but thats because Vai tours with incredible well-known musicians in their own right so its more of a group show. Satchs touring band dont command the same wow factor.

Still would have loved to see Satch. But Paul Gilbert it is :D

grimm2005 wrote: »
    I started a thread on this a while back (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055915464)

Can't wait to see him. Himself and Paul Gilbert are my favourites out of the instrumental "shredders". The music is actually enjoyable to listen to rather than just a load of guitar wánkery

Sorry man!

Mods feel free to delete/merge thread

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Amazing show!!!! Satch played a blinder. The gig was really long too! He was on fire!

CiaranK wrote: »
    Amazing show!!!! Satch played a blinder. The gig was really long too! He was on fire!

What a gig.
    He played for like 2 and a half hours.
    His guitar playing is insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭fuzztone

Does anyone know who the support band were? I only caught they last song but they seemed pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

fuzztone wrote: »
    Does anyone know who the support band were? I only caught they last song but they seemed pretty good.

Simon McBride

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

This video was recorded the last time Satriani played Dublin. 23rd of May 2008, to be precise. Just to get you folks in the mood....

That was great thanks for posting. Really wished I'd seen this before, I'd have gone to the gig.

Satriani and Vai are very different players. Satriani is very much into cool riffs, tone and vibe playing. Whereas I think Vai is far more focused on the extreme technical side of playing. Both are amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Setlist

Ice Nine
    Hordes Of Locusts
    Flying In A Blue Dream
    Light Years Away
    Memories
    War
    Premonition
    Satch Boogie
    Revelation
    Pyrrhic Victoria
    Crystal Planet
    The Mystical Potato Head Groove Thing
    Dream Song
    Why
    Crush Of Love
    Andalusia
    Littleworth Lane
    Wind In The Trees
    God Is Crying
    Wormhole Wizards
    Always With Me Always With You
    Big Bad Moon
    Crowd Chant
    Summer Song

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Trip Hazard

The Show was amazing!!! Absolutely savage!!

I started listening to Satch and Steve Vai around the same time but I took to Satch alot more for some reason, I do like Steve Vai but I'm defo more of a Satriani fan!!

It's unbelievable to just watch him play he's unreal and he seems so happy while he's doing it :)

The Show was amazing!!! Absolutely savage!!

I started listening to Satch and Steve Vai around the same time but I took to Satch alot more for some reason, I do like Steve Vai but I'm defo more of a Satriani fan!!

It's unbelievable to just watch him play he's unreal and he seems so happy while he's doing it :)

Satraini beats Vai every day of the week

Advertisement