Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteors new switch over offer

Options
  • 26-09-2010 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Meteor now have a new offer where if you transfer your number online you get 150 free any network texts as well as a choice of the usual offers. I'm already on meteor free calls and texts and 150 free any network texts would be great. Does anyone know if I can get this offer? It would be very useful to me but I dont want the hassle of changing networks and changing back again just to get it and I dont want to change my number as its the same with many years now and everyone has it. Thanks for any help or suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You can try asking, and say you will leave otherwise, but probably wont work. You can switch away, and switch back after 30 days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

as above you couldnt just go switch to one network and go back to meteor the next day

meteor probably has in their T&C's that you have to be with another carrier for certain amount of time to avail the offer otherwise everyone will start switching :)

this is more aimed at new customers rather than current ones :)

PS: Damn they never give the present customers anything good :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Davy is right, you have to leave for at least 30 days.
    The Promotion is available only to Meteor Pay As You Go ("PAYG") Customers on the Anytime Choice Tariff Plan ("Eligible Customers") who activate a sim pack ordered on meteor.ie only between 1st September 2010 and 31st October 2010 ("Promotion Period") and who have not ported from the Meteor network in the preceeding thirty (30) days.

Let us know how you get on if you do ask, 150 texts would very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Scabby feckers them Meteor folks.
    Making a move to Three today as they actually offer good deals.

make sure to read three's t&c's first :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

If it doesnt bother you changing numbers the promotion is also for new number sims too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Scabby feckers them Meteor folks.
    Making a move to Three today as they actually offer good deals.

yeah but crap phones

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

also beware of the 9c connection charge on meteor this is not included in price:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

eireal wrote: »
    If it doesnt bother you changing numbers the promotion is also for new number sims too

Had the same number for years so it would be a pain and its a nice easy number. But of a shame though they wouldnt give it to old customers, hopefully they will soon

same think gonna switch to three i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

When I ported to o2, I was on the 30 day notice plan and I rang them telling them I was leaving. Turns out I didn't need to as I was leaving and not just cancelling the whole lot! Anyway, I was put through to some department, something like account management or some sh1te, and they said they could offer me stuff customer service couldn't, and offered me something that tempted me but wasn't good enough, but I can't remember what it was. They may be able to get you the 150 texts

Advertisement