Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spurs v twente match thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Viktor.

amacachi wrote: »
    Sure there were 4 in Arsenal's match last night.

Well my comment was more tongue in cheek, but thanks for the info nonetheless :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭tipperaryjim

amacachi wrote: »
    Sure there were 4 in Arsenal's match last night.

Anything they can do - we can do better!

Typical rollercoaster of a game!

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

Bale is having an absolute stormer, again.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Valcin

How many games will VDV be suspended for?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

2nd Yellow, One?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Jmcc001

:D:D:D:D

4-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Viktor.

Bale you legend! :D

Totally deserves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Anto12

Deadly .. Super Bale .. Think Tom Hudd had been imminse tonight ,.. was starting to get a bit worried after we conceded whne we were 2 up .. Nothing like following the Spurs in the Champions league on a Wed night :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭larry1

Superb win!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

thfc whats the lotto numbers sat?

cant disagree with the second yellow should have got it before that in fairness.

apart from that. great win. 3 pts is 3 pts weather u get 3 pens or 3 o.gs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

What a crazy game....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Great Win.
    Massive 3 points.
    Great occasion at the lane.

In saying all that, i thought we were lucky with 4 big decisions.
    IMO, Crouch one was no pen, Hudd should have got red, the hand ball was no pen and Bale going down was no pen.

In saying that, I thought VDV red was harsh :p

In saying all that VDV is deadly :D , i love him, A proper player.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Never a dull moment eh lads!

Great result. VDV was immense and unlucky on the first yellow card. Great goal though. Unlucky with the missed peno. GK was typical ex liverpool player - cheating with dirty tricks before VDV's miss!

Hudd back on form, Bale brillant as ever. Modric quiet. Not sure if there is room for him and VDV in the same team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Great win ! what a game and to win with 10 men aswell.VDV was wound up for this game,a bit over enthusiastic I think prob because it was a Dutch team and he wanted to do well, pity now he will miss the away game against Inter.anyway it was great stuff to see from Spurs after our last couple of results.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Hudd back on form, Bale brillant as ever. Modric quiet. Not sure if there is room for him and VDV in the same team.

Definetly room Modric playing cm means he does a lot of grunt work he doesn't get credit for defensively he was excellent I thought and he is only back from injury too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 ryano77

great win. vdv is the signing of the season. needs to keep that hotheadedness in check though. he deserved to go. will be badly missed against inter. bale outstanding again. player of the year by a long stretch so far

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Forgot to mention Gomes did awesome to stop ruiz from scoring early on

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

COYS
    that is all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Lads ye have an absolute GEM in Gareth Bale.

Well worth the possible 10m, superb player.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Lads ye have an absolute GEM in Gareth Bale.

Well worth the possible 10m, superb player.

...and ferguson is not getting him! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

we have a job on our hands in hanging on to Bale next summer , the kid is pure quality , can see him in a barca shirt unfortunately:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Hopefully we can keep hold of Bale for atleast another year or two ... then the transfer fee will be almost Ronaldoesque :D

But no reason for him to move on as he can win everything he wants right here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

wage cap with us , he'll earn far more elsewhere. Thats a big reason dont ye think why he'd move!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I'm in Spain at the mo, and Madrid have been linked with him loads in the papers here recently, saying they'll even go as far as bidding early to get him in January so his price doesnt go up hugely due to success and performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

He's going nowhere

I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

It's hard to say that if Real roll in and Offer 30-40m for him that we'd turn him down.

Truth is Berbatov showed us that nobody is irreplaceable.

Did anyone notice that the camera at the Lane appeared differently than normal on tv ? Or am I going bonkers :o

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Did anyone notice that the camera at the Lane appeared differently than normal on tv ? Or am I going bonkers :o

Or am I going bonkers - this:D

Mullo76 wrote: »
    Or am I going bonkers - this:D

I knew it :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

great result but was a horrid trip for myself. the weather was just shocking and got soked walkin to and from the ground :-(

anyway hudd was man of the match, his best performance in a long time. vdv was just exceptional but his tackling was way too lose, it was simple to see that he was goign to be sent off, harry should have subbed him the instant we went up 2

bale was outstanding

pav was the only let down, he is so lazy and is a total pussy. one tip and he goes over. bassong burst forward at one stage and passed it to pav, what does pav do only pass it back to bassong!! now here is a CB way up the field and pav decides to do a 1 -2 with him. bassong is then sent out near the corner flag and not one spurs player went out to him. vdv and bale were too busy switching wings but it was pav who should have gone out there saying "give me the ball cos u need to go back to defend and im better on the ball etc". but no, he waits in the box for the ball that is never going to come

he has no cop on at all. besides the two penos he had a shocking game.

and what was that from keane at the end, going alone instead of playing in lennon who was in a great position

Advertisement