Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prospect Wood

Options
  • 26-09-2010 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi Guys

Looking for a place to live in Longford and Prospect Wood seems to be reasonable priced, Anyone have any feedback on this area.

cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Casey_81

It depends on which part of prospect woods the house/appt is in to be honest.
    Some of it is grand and other parts look a bit abandoned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Featherl

I would not recommend this part of town or the development..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭flas

Featherl wrote: »

why? just wondering??

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭garfieldsghost

Whatever about the development itself, "this part of town" (Aughafad, Lisduff, etc.) is a quiet, respectable area.

I rarely have any reason to venture into Prospect Wood but from regularly passing by it, it looks to be a well-kept estate. The one thing is that a lot of the houses seem to be rented out, so it could be a case of 'Russian Roulette' regarding your neighbours...

was just thinking the same thing myself, the this part of town statement makes no sense,its a nice part of town.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Featherl

The houses are spacious and modern in the development, the apartments are considered small and hard to heat as they have storage heating. There is a managment company looking after the development but there are still alot of problems there with late night parties in the apartments, noise from the apartments, dogs left in apartments day and night barking disturbing neighbours most of the houses are rented out. Abandoned cars. Also, along the canal, alot of youth hang out drinking and causing hassle til all hours of the morning.

I have often driven up this part of town, twice I have had stones, bottles thrown at car.

I have seen numerous fights in that part of town.

Was a 60 year old man not attacked and died later in hospital last Christmas, he was attacked on Park Road............... in that part of town

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭garfieldsghost

The houses are spacious and modern in the development, the apartments are considered small and hard to heat as they have storage heating. There is a managment company looking after the development but there are still alot of problems there with late night parties in the apartments, noise from the apartments, dogs left in apartments day and night barking disturbing neighbours most of the houses are rented out. Abandoned cars. Also, along the canal, alot of youth hang out drinking and causing hassle til all hours of the morning.

I have often driven up this part of town, twice I have had stones, bottles thrown at car.

I have seen numerous fights in that part of town.

Was a 60 year old man not attacked and died later in hospital last Christmas, he was attacked on Park Road............... in that part of town

Park Road is in the Teffia Park/Farnagh area. It's an area you have to pass through on the the way to Prospect Wood but that's about it. Have a look at Google Maps if you're not sure (which you don't seem to be).

You're tarring a wide area with the same brush quite unfairly. I'm guessing your car was stoned while passing Farnagh... which I can understand because there can be trouble around there. However, go further up Farnagh Hill and you're looking at some of the most desirable, expensive houses in the town. It's not as clear-cut as you're making it out to be...

i have lived in teffia, never any trouble, the incident you are refering to at park road was an isolated tragedy and i think that was quiet clear from the outrage in the town at this. further up you will encounter farnagh estate which is rough yes. go further up and its the most desirable real estate in the town, swimming pools, tennis courts ect. in the houses in this part of town.

the apartments when you first go into prospect woods are nearly exclusively foreign rented apartments, which are small and hard to heat as they were just slapped up, being the first part of the development, further up the houses are quiet and nice. its a big area. the canal has lights going up as far as the black bridge now, walk my dog there nearly every day at home and its a lovely quiet walk, at the town end of the canal beside the rail way bridge used to be rough, but the guards caught onto the people gathering there drinking and its relatively quiet now. to say this whole part of the town is rough and highlighting the incident you did seems a bit ignorant.

know of friends being attacked on the battery road, this isnt a rough part of town.

Advertisement