Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

make an old laptop to a DVR

• 26-09-2010 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭

Is it possible to make an old laptop to a DVR to record footage from a wireless cctv camera. Would you need hardware or can it be done with software pref free. I do not want to watch tv on it so would not need a tv tuner would I?

And i do not want it to be on the net or LAN , just local standalone laptop recording from wireless camera

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

The laptop will work alright but the size of the hard drive will dictate the amount of video stored.

You more than likely need to connect both devices to a wireless router to make the connection.
    Best bet is to read the manual of the camera to find out if different wys of connecting.
    If you dont want them connected to your own network you could just get a separate wireless router (they are very cheap), just make sure the settings dont interfere with your own network.

The Camera should come with software to allow you to record onto the laptop.

Advertisement