Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety & panic attacks

Options
  • 12-01-2011 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I've suffered in silence for the past 10 years from constant anxiety & also severe panic attacks in social situations.
    I've never taken medication for it because from what I've read there's no miracle cure & the side effects can be quite bad.
    But I've now reached the point where I feel I need to try medication because this has taken total control of my life.
    I find myself avoiding social situations which I logically know can cause me no harm but I can't control the physical effects of the anxiety.
    The anxiety is preventing me from being the real me & has made me look like a complete lunatic in front of other people in my life at times.
    I'm visting my GP tomorrow to discuss the situation but what I want to know is whether medication can ease the anxiety to some degree? Even a 50% reduction in how I feel would make a huge difference to my life!

Advice would be appreciated!
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement