Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router problem

• 26-09-2010 8:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

I have an Eircom netopia router and yet again t is giving me trouble. The Internet light keeps flashing and the speed is considerably slower. Anyone any ideas how to fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

I have an Eircom netopia router and yet again t is giving me trouble. The Internet light keeps flashing and the speed is considerably slower. Anyone any ideas how to fix it?

The internet light is supposed to flash when it is checking for an internet connection (On the newer modems). Red means no internet.

Slow connection? You need to find out what it is syncing at? What speed are you supposed to get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

but the problem is that the light is flashing all the time and not just when it is starting up. iv tried reseting it but the problem persists.
    the speed is supposed to be 5 Mb i think, but on speedtest.net i only get 3Mb at best. it is slower than usual though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Sandy Ravage

The inetrnet will flash if there is data been downloaded or uploaded, it doesn't matter how fast it is flashing. The best way to find out what speed the modem is being synced at is to connect your pc or laptop to the modem with the ethernet cable.

When you have connected the cable open up your internet browser and clear everything from the address bar and enter in 192.168.1.254
    When the new screen opens you should see speed under the connection information tab.

Your download speed will be first,follwed by your upload speed. Take not of the download speed. The run 3 speed tests and compare the download speeds with the download speeds that are on your router.

If the speeds are within 20% of each other that is normal and is to be expected. If the speeds are not within 20% of each other contact eircom support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Line stats and sync rate needed before any suggestions can be made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭iknorr

this might be a silly question but is your wnetwork wpa2 secured?

• Advertisement
Advertisement