Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lusk M1 Service Station

Options
  • 26-09-2010 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

Made my first stop off to the service station today on route to drogheda , its a good operation they have going out there the place is massive!!!
    Gots me a burger king and a coffee when i was leaving for the road!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

have to agree with you there,been in 3 times so far and its quite impressive for what it is.long overdue in this country and now that people see what the are the might even ask for some more of them.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Yep the place was spotless and was packed a few coachs had pulled up!!!
    There is defo a market out there on the country motorways!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Was absolutely jammed packed on All Ireland final day.

Far enough out of the city and also far enough away from home for the travelling northern fans

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Was heading southbound to work last week. On night shift, and every night i dropped in there were 7-10 trucks parked up, the drivers obviously taking a break. great to see it being utilised.

Anyone know is Burger King or Costa open 24 hours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Oliver1985 wrote: »

No , I dont think so. I was in getting petrol there last week and 1:00am and there was only the little window to pay through. Everything else was closed/light out.

No , I dont think so. I was in getting petrol there last week and 1:00am and there was only the little window to pay through. Everything else was closed/light out.

Thanks Dude ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Oliver1985 wrote: »

Costa closes at 9. BK closes when the doors shut at 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I was in it the other day and it was jammers. Queue for the pumps, then the tills. Their was even queues for the coffee place and burger king

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Costa closes at 9. BK closes when the doors shut at 11.

Cheers!! I like costa coffee a lot :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

Forgot this had opened, going to belfast in a week so will call in on the way up and see what its like

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The 'Pay at pump' option is very handy, and great for speeding things up. No more queuing in the shop for ages. Prints out a receipt and a section with the vat if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭daithi09

anybody know what time costa opens at, really fancy a costa coffee!

daithi09 wrote: »
    anybody know what time costa opens at, really fancy a costa coffee!

I was there at 11 last sunday and it was open dude!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

If it's all closed up by 11 then it's a joke, why are the RSA running a campain about driving when tired, telling people to pull over for tea or coffee and then opening part time motor way services.

There should be somewhere to go for a drink, food and a rest open 24-7 not this half harted joke.

Also why did they build two one each side. An off/on ramp close to one of the bridges so both sides can access the same on, that way only one need be kept open doing more buisnesss so it can be open 24 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

There's no flyover where they're situated, unfortunately, so no possibility of having just one, unless they were to build a flyover. Maybe they looked at the costs of this option, and felt they would spend more needlessly. Maybe they don't own the land where the closest bridge is.

As for the 24/7 thing, that costs a lot in terms of staffing. Having a window there for use is fairly reasonable, especiailly consideing their massive carpark for truckies, etc. to rest up. They're well used to dozing in their cabs, so why spend the money on staff and security for some people who may or may not avail of the service? It doesn't make any financial sense. Maybe they'll look at it again if there is a massive demand and they can afford it.

The staff pass you a tea or coffee under the hatch during the night if you want one!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

There are lot's of flyovers a mile up or down the motor way with land they could have built them at, they are built in the wrong spot. There should be something open 24 hours thats the point of having them, somewhere you would want to stop for a break, if you should stop but know it's closed up you'll drive on when you should really stop for saftey. If there were on covering both sides then it would cost less to keep open 24 hours. Thats the way they do it in France.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

As for the 24/7 thing, that costs a lot in terms of staffing. Having a window there for use is fairly reasonable, especiailly consideing their massive carpark for truckies, etc. to rest up. They're well used to dozing in their cabs, so why spend the money on staff and security for some people who may or may not avail of the service? It doesn't make any financial sense. .

No, sorry that's just not good enough. If there's 3 people wandering around inside as there was when I was at the hatch at 3am one Sunday a couple of weeks ago, then they're already forking out around €50/hr in staff costs. Hiring a security guard would cost next to nothing in addition (night work probs 18/hr ish)and would attract more business - it's nice to have the option of taking a walk inside, sitting down, have some food etc.

These services cater for every class of person on long distance drives and they need to be open FULLY (BK included) 24/7 even if only a skeleton crew, or they were quite simply a waste of effort.

Advertisement