Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on how much the following should cost...

Options
  • 26-09-2010 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭

Looking to get an electrician in to do a host of small jobs, the types you would not call an electrician in for one as would not be worth their while but now we have a few. So your advice and experience on how much is reasonable to pay for the following (can post pictures if this would help let me know):

-Rewire three light fixtures in one room, and fix an old plug (i.e install a new one I would think)
    -Fix a damaged double-plug in one room
    - Install a new plug in a hall
    - Rewire and attach an old porch light
    - Fix a bank of 6 halogen lights in the kitchen that were prone to blowing individually before.They all blew at once recently and now will not light even if new light put in (edit: given their expense to run, we might also consider just getting bog-standard bar lighting in)
    -Take a look at lighting under presses in the same kitchen area which tend to blow too often and I suspect have similar problem to the halogen lights.
    -Install a new garden outside light after the last one corroded away likely due to exposure to elements (despite being covered in a unit, probably condensation is what did it). While he/she is doing this might as well do same to the still functioning one opposite it which shows slight rusting).
    -Install/wire timer for immersion.

Rough estimate so I know if I am being fleeced please, much appreciated!:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

not much to it -assuming lighting cpcs and rcd protection in place
    for sockets,immersion and garden lighting preferably

i'd be advising changing to cfl/led in kitchen and fluorescent/led striplighting

hard to price without looking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

M cebee wrote: »
    not much to it -assuming lighting cpcs and rcd protection in place
    for sockets,immersion and garden lighting preferably

i'd be advising changing to cfl/led in kitchen and fluorescent/led striplighting

hard to price without looking

Thanks for response - yeah those halogen lights a few years ago were a stupid investment! Think there are finally energy saving ones on market (only about -30% though). Can put up pics of all if that would help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭handydandy

That could all be done on the same day as it sounds like it does not require too much messing about, a decent guy wont charge too much for that.

Where about are you based?

handydandy wrote: »
    That could all be done on the same day as it sounds like it does not require too much messing about, a decent guy wont charge too much for that.

Where about are you based?

Based in Cork - but what would be a decent price? I know its hard without looking but even a guess?!

Anyone? Please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭johnnyjb

Im in cork, it hard to give reliable estimate with out seeing the house , cable runs,concrete or partition walls, earthing etc.. but i would deff say over 200 depends on how long it took up to 400 maybe.

A rough guess thats all.

Advertisement