Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Oven - Element?

Options
  • 26-09-2010 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

Zanussi ZO S5 Electric Fan Oven

The grill still works.
    The oven does not heat up, the fan works.
    I think it might be the element?

Can you get a "yellow pack" version?
    Any idea of cost?
    Would it be easy enough to remove old and put in new one?
    Is is a DIY job or should I hire a professional?

If any of you could point me in direction of somewhere I might get one I would appreciate it. Dublin, South East or online.

Thanks a million :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

element alright

simple enough to swop it out-from the inside of oven if memory serves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Yes element is likely gone. You need to switch off cooker switch powering the oven and take the back cover off the cooker/oven and remove fan cover inside the oven, then usually from the back remove fixing screws or bolts, and pull off the terminal spades/connections. You might be able to order one online cheap enough. Put the make and model into google.

Might be possible to do it all from inside some ovens wothout removing the back, but i usually do remove the back anyway to verify element is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭seaniefr

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Yes element is likely gone. You need to switch off cooker switch powering the oven and take the back cover off the cooker/oven and remove fan cover inside the oven, then usually from the back remove fixing screws or bolts, and pull off the terminal spades/connections. You might be able to order one online cheap enough. Put the make and model into google.

Might be possible to do it all from inside some ovens wothout removing the back, but i usually do remove the back anyway to verify element is gone.
    Try Quinnspares i have gotten stuff from them usually a bit cheaper than the brandname parts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I changed the element in my oven yesterday. I ordered it from here http://www.elementman.co.uk/
    It took a week to get here and I found them to be cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

try fridgespares down in glasnevin

Head Office,
    Unit 15 Blackwater Road,
    Dublin Industrial Estate, Glasnevin,
    Dublin 11
    Tel: 00353-1-8303466
    Fax: 00353-1-8303672

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

simple job, take off the back and its pretty obvious normally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Cheers everyone...

I'm getting a bit sick of toast! :rolleyes:

I'll try a few of those places and give it a bash myself..

Advertisement