Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGU 2x01 "Intervention" *Spoilers*

• 26-09-2010 9:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Not not now!

What did you think of SG:U - 2x01 - Intervention (Part 3)? 43 votes

A is for Apophis
    0%
    B is Ba'al
    16%
    suttySarnRascal77CptMackeyGisforGrenadesierra117xGarethWA 7 votes
    C is for Carter
    51%
    YakuzaManachastrofoolSimiLoGiEPeaceKiithgammaSherifuNukemalastair_doomThe GnomeTheIrishGroverOverhealSmythrobby^5Niskadon ramoJames74docdolittle 22 votes
    D is for Daniel
    23%
    D-Generatejor el[Deleted User]Richard DowerTefralhelimachoptortoken56GSPfanpaddywroksvinny_963 10 votes
    E is for Eli
    9%
    Sir Digby Chicken CaesarazezilFreudianSlippersAntar Bolaeisk 4 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Folks - and I'm looking at you in particular Richard - remember the spoiler rules. You can only talk about 2x01, or previous episodes, without spoiler tags in this thread.
    Do NOT talk about any later episodes, even the teasers, without clearly marked spoiler tags.
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

C is for Carter
    so it's presumed that if you're reading this thread, you've seen this episode and all previous episodes prior to this, and can discuss them here without spoiler tags. that right ixoy?
    would that also apply to SG1 and SGA discussion in this thread cos i've only just started watching them cos of SGU.

whiteman19 wrote: »
    so it's presumed that if you're reading this thread, you've seen this episode and all previous episodes prior to this, and can discuss them here without spoiler tags. that right ixoy?
    Yeah, that's right! The thread title says "Spoilers" which is a green light for discussion of everything up to this. Just not beyond that. I always try and remain spoiler free, and love just seeing what happens week by week with no idea of the future! Reckon others do too.
    would that also apply to SG1 and SGA discussion in this thread cos i've only just started watching them cos of SGU.
    It's a tough one. I kind of think it shouldn't - that's because episodes can reference previous story lines spanning across the shows. They're too interlinked. For example, the Lucien Alliance are an important part here and it's only fair that people can discuss their origins back from the parent series. Maybe we can try and not tie it into specific episodes? I'm open to having my mind changed on this if there's sufficient pull on it.

C is for Carter
    ixoy wrote: »
    Yeah, that's right! The thread title says "Spoilers" which is a green light for discussion of everything up to this. Just not beyond that. I always try and remain spoiler free, and love just seeing what happens week by week with no idea of the future! Reckon others do too.
    cheers for clearing that up :) i don't like knowing what's going to happen either. prefer the surprise of it all
    It's a tough one. I kind of think it shouldn't - that's because episodes can reference previous story lines spanning across the shows. They're too interlinked. For example, the Lucien Alliance are an important part here and it's only fair that people can discuss their origins back from the parent series. Maybe we can try and not tie it into specific episodes? I'm open to having my mind changed on this if there's sufficient pull on it.
    i suppose most people on the stargate forum have been watching it from the start. i have been reading the stargate wikia, so i'm sure i can get the background info if needs be so i won't be lost in the discussion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,626 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

C is for Carter
    No Poll?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

C is for Carter
    Overheal wrote: »
    No Poll?

Uh oh... thread fail imminent .....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

D is for Daniel
    Cant wait for this, will probably watch the last couple of episodes tonight/tomorrow :)

No Poll?
    Poll added to stop imminent thread collapse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

C is for Carter

You may even say a stable wormhole connection has been established...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

E is for Eli
    Bah! This thread had me thinking Universe would be available to watch today when in reality it won't be airing until the 29th our time.

Boo Hiss etc.

(I'm holding you personally responsible for my bitter disapointment Richard Dower)

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Sneak peak released by SyFy :) (Obviously contains minor spoiler)

C is for Carter
    Wha, Me? :o

C is for Carter
    just watched it there. very good episode. a tad predictable with the fact that everyone gets out alive. though it was dark with tj's baby dying though they kinda put a spin on it that she could still be alive on the Faith planet.
    wonder will they integrate Kavos and the others into the crew or drop them off at a habitable planet?

all in all, i was happy with the conclusion. bit predictable but very good anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

C is for Carter
    good opener, noting spectacular, kinda took me a minute or two to remember what exactly what happened (should really have watch the last 2 eps of season 1 again),

i was thinking more would possibly die, yerman was a lunatic i knew he was gonna die, cause there was no way to get out of that situation with him alive,

so now we have 4 factions on the ship we have young and rush on the earth side, and the split in the lucian alliance with the ones that stayed loyal to yerman and were kicked off the ship with him, and the ones that stayed on the ship,

it should be interesting to see who stays and who goes, id say there will deffinately be some leaving, hope that good looking one running the system for the LA stays, and probably all the ones that got kicked off the ship,

the rest will either be kicked off or will e killed in some explosion, or even be aliens,

also s trange twost on TJs baby, would be interesting to see if anything further happens later on,

i gave it a B anyway, not great, but set up a lot of storylines,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

D is for Daniel
    Nothing great about the episode to be honest. Just a standard resolution of a foothold situation that SG writers do by the numbers these days.

Was anyone else strangely happy that TJ's baby died? Adding a baby to the cast or any young character invariably ruins shows.

C is for Carter
    D-Generate wrote: »
    Was anyone else strangely happy that TJ's baby died? Adding a baby to the cast or any young character invariably ruins shows.
    They never planned on it, I think she found out she was pregnant shortly before filming on the first season began.

Episode felt par for the course. Oh hey, everyone's alive. And oh yeah I'm not bleeding out anymore and all the color has returned to my face after a bullet tore clean through my leg. Here I am walking and talking, "Oh that? Oh no it's fine. Nothing you have to worry about." Who is she trying to impress?

The next episode looks far, far more interesting... URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYsK2zwGHEw"]spoilers[/URL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

E is for Eli
    Bit of a boring episode I thought and they had a song again :( (even if it was from the excellent Mumford and Sons)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Sarn

B is Ba'al
    I actually really enjoyed it. That's probably due to withdrawal symptoms though.

I agree that it's good that they got rid of the baby. That was one dynamic the show definitely didn't need. It seems as if the people left behind have ascended or are on the road to ascending. No doubt they'll pop up again at some improbable time with her daughter having mysteriously aged. TJ seeing the nebula was also predictable, couldn't have her moping around again for a few episodes.

Time to replace Young as commander. His handling of the situation was pathetic for someone of his military rank.

They've also identified the key "Maquis" from the Lucian's who will blend in nicely with the rest of the crew. It took me a moment to recognise the new Lucian woman (from Supernatural). So how long before Scott moves in on her? :p

Guess someone has nanobots in their blood. Miraculous healing FTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

E is for Eli
    D-Generate wrote: »
    Nothing great about the episode to be honest. Just a standard resolution of a foothold situation that SG writers do by the numbers these days.

Totally agree with you. Was looking forward to the show's return, but I was bored and disappointed.

Few new characters (Sarn is right about the Voyager-esque storyline - in fact the whole show is basically Stargate: Voyager tbh)
    Few uninteresting deaths, faux drama... hope it gets better, but I've been saying that since day one.

Roll on Caprica!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Tefral

D is for Daniel
    Took me a while to figure out what was going on with Varro, i thought he was just an actor from another series or movie, but then i remembered he was also Odai Ventrell that killed Netan in SG-1 and took over the Lucian Alliance. Im wondering why they didnt continue that? He was also in that Episode with Adrian Conrad as some Russian minor character.

Episode was predicatable unfortunately... I was hoping for more action.. I cant wait to see what happens when rush finds the Bridge, hopefully things pick up then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

it was all very weird. i think it was a bit sloppy how everything just got sorted all of a sudden. seems like lazy writing to me .. but we'll see, it's miles ahead of season 1 part 1 still.

C is for Carter
    It seems as if the people left behind have ascended or are on the road to ascending.
    That hadn't even crossed my mind! Good call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

And oh yeah I'm not bleeding out anymore and all the color has returned to my face after a bullet tore clean through my leg. Here I am walking and talking, "Oh that? Oh no it's fine. Nothing you have to worry about." Who is she trying to impress?
    I'd imagine thats a lead up to her eventual transformation into what we have seen in the season 2 promo clips. Hopefully its not a one episode...oh chloe is sick... oh we cured her. Be nice to see her have to stay half or fully transformed into an alien for the whole season or at least a good few episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭token56

D is for Daniel
    I thought it was an ok episode, just seemed all a bit of a mess and a bit disjointed but I've still got a lot of hope that its going to be a good season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭GarethWA

B is Ba'al
    hightower1 wrote: »
    I'd imagine thats a lead up to her eventual transformation into what we have seen in the season 2 promo clips. Hopefully its not a one episode...oh chloe is sick... oh we cured her. Be nice to see her have to stay half or fully transformed into an alien for the whole season or at least a good few episodes.
    I'd reckon she'll keep it secret for a few episodes, and at the very end of each one, we'll see her looking at her leg getting worse until someone(€100 on Eli) finds out and then it'll become the main story, or at least a somewhat important factor in the episodes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

C is for Carter
    All the cliffhanger elements were resolved a little too conveniently for my liking, especially the TJ baby story arc. Found it even worse than the SG:Atlantis cliffhanger where the control room blew up, and they all survived by ducking behind a console. This is meant to be the believable stargate franchise. Kinda pointless if its only gonna be realistic when its convenient.

If you can get past that, the rest of the ep wasn't too bad, and I did like the resolution to the foothold situation

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

D is for Daniel
    The numbers, once again...are woeful:

Stargate Universe (9pm)
    - 1.175 million viewers
    - 0.8/1 HH
    - 0.5/1 A18-49

D is for Daniel
    They never planned on it, I think she found out she was pregnant shortly before filming on the first season began.

Episode felt par for the course. Oh hey, everyone's alive. And oh yeah I'm not bleeding out anymore and all the color has returned to my face after a bullet tore clean through my leg. Here I am walking and talking, "Oh that? Oh no it's fine. Nothing you have to worry about." Who is she trying to impress?

The next episode looks far, far more interesting... URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYsK2zwGHEw"]spoilers[/URL

I think they implied Chloe had been altered by those aliens in some way, tryna make her interesting and give her a storyline...not working lads, she's a dullard and nothing more then the ships bike :rolleyes:

D is for Daniel
    Sarn wrote: »
    I actually really enjoyed it. That's probably due to withdrawal symptoms though.

I agree that it's good that they got rid of the baby. That was one dynamic the show definitely didn't need. It seems as if the people left behind have ascended or are on the road to ascending. No doubt they'll pop up again at some improbable time with her daughter having mysteriously aged. TJ seeing the nebula was also predictable, couldn't have her moping around again for a few episodes.

Time to replace Young as commander. His handling of the situation was pathetic for someone of his military rank.

They've also identified the key "Maquis" from the Lucian's who will blend in nicely with the rest of the crew. It took me a moment to recognise the new Lucian woman (from Supernatural). So how long before Scott moves in on her? :p

Guess someone has nanobots in their blood. Miraculous healing FTW.

Not long, he's banged every female on the ship...lucky bastid! :mad:

• Advertisement

D is for Daniel
    I disliked they coped out on the baby TJ death....why try twist it to a happy ending?...let the little bugger die straight out. Overall the ep. was just OK, nothing great.

Advertisement