Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Keylogger Detected"

• 26-09-2010 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

Hi. I download online-armor the other day from emsisoft and it helps protect my computer. but while I was using the VLC player there I got "Keylogger detected" and it said "The Program vlc.exe could be recording what you type"

What should I do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

False alert I'd guess. Sometimes those programs can be a bit too "sensitive".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

sorry for the size but I got this:

thisif.jpg

I have selected "Full Scan" from microsoft security suits and am 54 minutes in, but only a small bit through the entire scan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

OK can't seem to find much info on that trojan excepts for its been around since 07. Let the scan finish and then download Malwarebytes and run a scan.

Lets see what it detects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Windows Security Suite picked up "worm:win32/orbina!rts" at the end of scan. It had a high risk value.

I am starting malware bytes now on full scan, latest update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Your best course of action is to read the "I think I have a virus" - Please Read & Try BEFORE Posting (Updated 12/02/2010) sticky and carry out as many of the instructions in that thread, then post the relevant logs here in a new thread in that forum. Someone will be along to help but only once you do those tasks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement