Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

100 Mile TT Record

• 26-09-2010 9:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭

I see Bryan McCrystal set a new national recorde today, 3:51:01.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Super ride and lots of PB's there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Yeah. Averaging over 41km/h... Most of us would be happy to hold that for a 40km tt.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

mloc123 wrote: »
    Yeah. Averaging over 41km/h... Most of us would be happy to hold that for a 40km tt.

Feck that I'd be chuffed to average that for a 16k tt

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭BMcCrystal

mloc123 wrote: »
    I see Bryan McCrystal set a new national recorde today, 3:51:01.

Cheers..

All I will say is thank god for Coca Cola..at 90 miles it came in very handy..;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Staggering.

Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 pmg001

I can't comprehend cycling that fast for that long!

Where abouts in Ireland was it done? Must be very flat course and on a very calm day I'd imagine.

pmg001 wrote: »
    I can't comprehend cycling that fast for that long!

Where abouts in Ireland was it done? Must be very flat course and on a very calm day I'd imagine.

It was laps of the Woodgreen course just outside Belfast. Renowned as a fast course but nothing like the drag-strips they use in the UK.

Agree that it was a staggeringly good ride.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Yeah, that's an impressive record alright.

Did a 50 a few years ago and the pain was excruciating both during and afterwards.

Well done.

The day was as good as your gonna get in ireland.. if the wind got you one way, it was with you the other.. Decent road surface, draggy in parts.

The second half of the course was alot slower and the roadabouts let you lose a bit of time as it was a 7 1/2 laps.

the hurt came at 85 miles..:-(

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/50740015

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭cantalach

Thanks for posting that, Bryan, and congrats!

Hope you don't mind me asking but is the max HR configured for that Garmin account actually yours? It shows your avg HR was 143bpm for the 100 miles and I'm just wondering if this really was 77% for you or something else.

• Advertisement

cantalach wrote: »
    Thanks for posting that, Bryan, and congrats!

Hope you don't mind me asking but is the max HR configured for that Garmin account actually yours? It shows your avg HR was 143bpm for the 100 miles and I'm just wondering if this really was 77% for you or something else.

No I dont mind..

Dont read into the percentages.. I have a idea/feeling in my head of my zones but i dont have them fixed on my garmin settings but that was my correct average reading for the 100 ride.. I thought it was pretty low myself... I felt my legs and my heart rate werent communicating properly so i just went on feal mainly

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

Fantastic ride Bryan!

Have to get ya in to TCD again to see if we can finally break that lab record...

leftism wrote: »
    Fantastic ride Bryan!

Have to get ya in to TCD again to see if we can finally break that lab record...

We must!! ;-)

Advertisement